Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Edge & Christian posted:

I mean "Nick Spencer, Failed City Council Member Who Had DIfficult Relationships with the Community Especially the Non-Rich-White Community" has been a Known Thing for coming up on seven years. It's not like I broke the story or anything, but I feel like I've been reminding people repeatedly when it comes up for most of that time. There's frankly even unseemlier things lost in the archives of the Bendis Boards, but while there are a number of posts scattered across the Internet over the past few years corroborating those things, the primary sources no longer seem to exist so I don't feel great about dredging those up as much.

Also Nick Spencer is a terrible enough writer and interviewee in 2017 that honestly, do you need to do opposition research?

It was brought up in the marvel thread and someone got really mad I was besmirching Spencer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nick Spencer isn't a Nazi but he is the type of liberal that when given a choice would go all in on Nazism to protect the country.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also lol at the idea people change their political opinions for no reason. For some vague growing up.

Just say you want to like his stories, don't give a half assed excuse.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Acting like people change for no reason is dumb. Assuming sonething that soured a change happened randomly is just as dumb.Could he have changed? Probably not, he'll it's more likely he is worst.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No like I said they get more angry and bitter. People generally don't have a Saul of Damascus moment. But if you insist no people in general don't magically improve as they age.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The easiest to please man in the world.

Aka A Grant Morrison fan.

• Locked thread