Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandallODim posted:

That definitely sounds like the kind of reasoning Duggan-penned Deadpool would have.

Meanwhile back in Civil War Wade was pro-reg cuz they gave him a badge, which is honestly my favorite motivation in that entire event.

Wade had the only not-stupid motivation.

"Putting dissidents in camps and secret space prisons? Well a school got blown up in a world where entire cities and nations have crumbled for nothing, can't argue"

vs

"A shiny badge that means all the people who hate me have to call me 'sir'? SCORE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

I guess the only thing to do about is stop caring about dumb stuff artists say and just enjoy or not enjoy their work on it's own merits

I mean, yea, but that's pretty hard to do in practice.

Like, for an extreme example, I'm not gonna pretend Rosemary's Baby is a BAD movie now that Polanski is a rapist scumbag, but yea it is kinda hard for me to do something like go to a special showing or whatever because I do kinda feel lame paying money for his poo poo now. My copy of it at home didn't magically become unwatchable but there's a difference between 'enjoy their work' as an objective merit thing and 'enjoy their work' as a consumer and for a lot of people they'd rather not support assholes like this even if they make good things.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
everything is made by monsters

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Maltose posted:

I personally think knowing that people are poo poo and not giving them money is a net positive to society but the seeming need for constant vigilance can be an understandably exhausting concept.

Yea this is where I'm at. It's good we can be more ethical consumers, but at the same time maintaining 100% purity is exhausting if not impossible. Sean Connery thinks sometimes you just need to smack a lady, Lennon abused the gently caress out of his family, the comics industry is a small community full of nepotism and incestuous bullshit. Everyone has to have their line but I'm past thinking that it's possible to maintain a universal standard and expect everyone to agree. As long as we can agree Frank Miller is a huge piece of poo poo who should be scorned and excluded I just can't muster the energy to pretend that Dark Knight Returns wasn't amazing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Roth posted:

This is honestly my favorite look for Storm

literally the only good look Storm has had

Wait no I think when she was the queen of Wakanda she had some badass royal garb too

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

Her anime outfit wasn't bad, although I mainly like it for the shoulderpad cape

weird hip holes aside (I guess it's a leotard with pants over it? That's weird, Storm you got some weird fashion choices) I do appreciate a nice shoulderpad cape too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Samuringa posted:

I like hoodies, even though it's almost always too hot to actually wear one

Hoods are cool, Spider-Gwen has clearly the best spider-look

• Locked thread