Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

So the Barnes & Noble by me has a pretty awesome and huge used book section. It's always been a great source for comics - tons of TPBs and a whole mess of individual issues, even. Lately, though, they apparently hired a new guy to price all the used stuff, and his source is apparently eBay or Amazon or something. It's lead to some really annoying/disappointing finds. Last week I found the original Preacher TPBs, volumes 5-8. Prices were $8 for vol. 8, $8 for vol. 7, $35 for vol. 6 and $18 for vol. 5. I get that they reprinted them, but the total lack of consistency is really annoying. Sometimes they have Sandman TPBs from the original run and they're priced at $50+. Hell, I found a very slim Flash TPB from the 2005-2012 DC logo era that was marked at $65.

I lucked out the other day and got one of the reprinted Y: the Last Man omnibus TPBs for $5, and one of the Dark Horse Tales of the Jedi TPBs for like $4. They have a whole bunch of Star Wars stuff ranging from the older Dark Horse stuff to the later DH stuff like Old Republic, but the pricing is all over the drat place, and not enough of a single series to justify trying to start the collection midway through.

On the upside, a lot of the stuff in there goes on 25%/50%/$1 markdown pretty often. The Y: the Last Man I got was $10 originally. That $65 Flash TPB was 50% off, but even $32 is pretty ridiculous for what looked like a <5-issue collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Greg Rucka wrote a couple of Star Wars YA novels!

• Locked thread