Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

quote:

I ama huge Grant Morrison fan and I can't imagine ever in a million years wanting to go to Morrison con.

Also, why is Thor's hammer in that graphic? did Grant Morrison do a run of Thor?

Turns out it was actually a neo-Nazi conference. Boy was Uzi surprised!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

So with Comics Alliance down apparently for good this time, what's the best comic news site to put in my feed? I realize that actual journalism is an impossible ask; I'll settle for recaps of big event comics and "in case you missed it" call-outs of interesting shock endings to random comics. Basically who's gonna tell me the two sentences I need to know before they impact the comics I care about so that I don't have to actually read bullshit like The Button or Secret Empire?

previewsworld dot com

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Guys, I'm gonna have coffee and bagels with Stan Lee.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Is it real Stan Lee or some guy named Stan Lee?

If real ask him how much blow did he do in the 70s
Real.

purple death ray posted:

Careful, before you know it, he'll be telling everyone he wrote all your forum posts
This would be an honor!

joehonkie posted:

Is this an Awesome Con thing?
Yeah.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shinsuke Nakamura is also appearing. Oh what a day! What a glorious day!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I've been meaning to read his Queen And Country novels, as well, since I like the comic series a lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Peter David has some novels. His Apropos of Nothing series sounds interesting, but I haven't read, so I can't comment specifically.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

I'm going to be scarce for a bit due to a death in my immediate family. So reports will likely go unread for the next five or six days as I'll only be using the app on my phone if I drop by. If something that needs any real attention comes up, not that this ever happens here anyway, PM me and I'll get to it if I can or get someone that can get to it.

Sorry to hear, boss. We'll hold down the fort

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Awesome, the no crossover thing is just because I'll be reading on a tablet and Marvel Unlimited is still an annoying rear end app to use for crossovers. I read Kraven's Last Hunt a couple months ago and I spent almost as much time trying to find the next issue as I did reading any of them. (Good story btw, If they added a way to share "playlists" for lack of a better word Marvel Unlimited would be the best loving thing ever instead of just being pretty awesome)
There's a crossover with Uncanny X-Men before House of M.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

To be fair, Simone was a terrible poster.

Much like me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I feel like someone did before (maybe even E&C?) but this might be more up to date.

Like I know when I saw this, very little of it was new news to me.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

gently caress, man, here you go: Ready Player One is about how a bad and broken man warped the world in his own image and horribly damaged it in so doing, and the main character is a semi-broken young man on the same path who has to learn through painful experience that that's a lovely, stupid path to follow. I don't give a flying gently caress if that's not the story the author was trying to write, or that he clearly thinks he wrote a pretty awesome future.

It's also just a really terrible book that leans way too hard on HEY NERDS LOOK A REFERENCE YOU KNOW and then also explaining exactly what the reference is to let the non-nerds in on it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Do you have an rss feed so I can add it to my podcast app? It sounds like something I'd be into

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

You have an ironic username.

I was about to post this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's literally his method.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/NakatomiTim/status/862828385525010434

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Speaking of cosplay.

https://twitter.com/KirbyKrackleArt/status/866119843602411520

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grrl Scouts let me down. Mahfood's art has gotten really scratchy in a way I'm not terribly fond of. And I say this as someone who has one of his prints hanging in his apartment.

Basically this:

Grrl Scouts: Work Sucks #2 (2003)

vs this:

Grrl Scouts: Magic Socks #1 (2017)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

So if you have a Kindle or any tablet with a Kindle app, Amazon seems to have gone pants-on-head crazy: They're selling hundreds (possibly thousands?) of TPBs at insane prices. And these are both recent and relevant! Secret Wars is $3.40, 1602 is $3.00, and God Loves, Man Kills is $0.80. This is lunacy.

They also attach to your Comixology account, so you don't specifically need a Kindle or Kindle app.

• Locked thread