Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
So with Comics Alliance down apparently for good this time, what's the best comic news site to put in my feed? I realize that actual journalism is an impossible ask; I'll settle for recaps of big event comics and "in case you missed it" call-outs of interesting shock endings to random comics. Basically who's gonna tell me the two sentences I need to know before they impact the comics I care about so that I don't have to actually read bullshit like The Button or Secret Empire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I read a Brad Metzer book, you'll never guess the ending.

The main suspect's wife did it because she was fuckin' crazy, chicks man, am I right.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

When the comic was coming out, was it a serious consideration between issues 6 and 7 coming out that Ray Palmer might have killed Sue or was it generally agreed that Jean did it?
As I remember it, Ray and Jean were the leading suspects, with most people favoring Ray because Jean had no motive.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Madkal posted:

"True Love" is always a a great motive.
Which is why Ray was the leading suspect and Jean made comparitively little sense; Ray was obviously pining and was Jean's at any time for the asking.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

What was Ray's motive meant to be?
What Jean's motive turned out to be; engineering the situation so they'd get back together. The reason it works for him and not her is that their relationship at the time (and it's even restated early on in the actual comic, so it's not like there was a stealth retcon) was that Ray was still holding a very obvious torch for Jean and wanting to get back together, but she wasn't interested. Ray was Jean's for the asking, but not vice versa.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Rhyno posted:

BSS was founded on a huge love of Identity Crisis, never forget that.
I never ever will, :hfive: to everyone who's been there from that thread to now.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Pookie Bear posted:

Jesus all you loving '04s were the goddamn loving worse. Everyone one of you terrible human being.
Pookie! What the gently caress is up, hi!!!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Between Secret Empire 0, FCBD, and 1, I'm already losing count of the plot points that make no sense, are completely unjustified, and are basically carrying around little signs that say I'M ONLY HAPPENING BECAUSE AUTHOR FIAT SAID SO WILL AN INDETERMINATE TIMESKIP CONVINCE YOU THIS IS PLAUSIBLE, PLEASE SAY YES.

This is a story whose literal foundation involves a Cosmic Cube loving with reality and every further development hasn't even bothered to at least hide behind that as an excuse.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

EVS is a well-known trumpfucker, it's hardly surprising that in addition to Nazism he has lesser included character flaws.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone play the "just learn to separate the art from the artist" card before that wasn't doing so in defense of a genuine shitbag.
gently caress, man, here you go: Ready Player One is about how a bad and broken man warped the world in his own image and horribly damaged it in so doing, and the main character is a semi-broken young man on the same path who has to learn through painful experience that that's a lovely, stupid path to follow. I don't give a flying gently caress if that's not the story the author was trying to write, or that he clearly thinks he wrote a pretty awesome future.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Her anime outfit wasn't bad, although I mainly like it for the shoulderpad cape

Man, I really like this one, mostly because the gold accents on black accessories make her look a lot like the Black Panther. This is a proper Queen of Wakanda outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

So if you have a Kindle or any tablet with a Kindle app, Amazon seems to have gone pants-on-head crazy: They're selling hundreds (possibly thousands?) of TPBs at insane prices. And these are both recent and relevant! Secret Wars is $3.40, 1602 is $3.00, and God Loves, Man Kills is $0.80. This is lunacy.

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jun 2, 2017

• Locked thread