Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Edge & Christian posted:

Are you talking about fights in BSS or fights with kids at the Good Ol' TRU?

Fighting off twins, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

purple death ray posted:

Am I crazy or have you not posted here in like, years?

Rhyno scared me off.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

purple death ray posted:

How are you liking Rebirth

I'm not really reading much of it, I don't think, except Yang's New Super-Man. I'm down to about 8-10 books a month, which is one reason I'm not in here as much. Gone gone the form of $35 a week comics purchases/rise the somethingsomething.

A lot of books moved out of my wheelhouse and at first I was pretty pouty about it, particularly Grayson etc., but eventually I realized I had 30 yrs of my way, it's ok for someone else to get their jollies (for a while anyway :doom: ). That doesn't mean I don't complain about comics, just not ones that aren't what I used to love but changed. I still have a lot of problems with comics, plenty to bitch about!

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

It's so weird to see this get blogged when it's been in fairly open discussion for the past year or so among a lot of comics folks. I guess no one wrote it down til now?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Kai Tave posted:

Can we agree that there are degrees of assholism and stupidity though? I've been a jerk to people before though I like to think I've done my best to apologize for the worst of it and do better, but there's a difference between being a jerk and telling someone to go kill themselves, or campaigning against gay marriage rights, or beating your spouse, or exemplifying the overwhelming fear white middle-class America has of black people.

It might be worth asking Spencer his views on those things today.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Dan Didio posted:

I love that people are treating Nick Spencer like's a dumb kid who might have matured and not a grown rear end adult running for political office at the time.

People continue to grow after 25. loving shocking I know but there's all these decades where poo poo happens to and around them.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Wheat Loaf posted:

Do people dislike Jim Steranko because of his political views? I know he was a bit intense about it during the last election.

I found it kind of a relief because I felt like the rear end in a top hat at the party who never put much stock in his bombastic stories that oddly had no witnesses. I'm not sure how much of a right winger he really is and how much of that week was him having some kneejerk old man moments.

Disagreeing politically won't necessarily put me off someone's work, but deep disagreements on human rights and some closely held philosophies will.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
For clarity, I think Spencer is a poor writer and I've held that position since I read Forgetless (still among the worst books I've read). I don't think he's a Nazi lover and when people spit that kind of facile line out, they usually follow it up with some willful misinterpretation of whatever he says. I'm not sure what folks think that kind of approach is going to get them.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Edge & Christian posted:

Kind of like your "Nick Spencer sure does love Nazis and wants to hug Nazis and wants to kiss Nazis and cuddle in Swastika flannels with his beloved Nazis" response? I mean, I'm a lot more accepting of Nazi-punching than Nick Spencer, but I don't want (for instance) Geoff Johns to get punched in the face or otherwise brutalized despite writing a lot of lovely comics. What base do I dream of getting to with Geoff Johns? Just hands stuff?

Heavy sexting.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Soonmot posted:

Hi friends, it got lost a couple days back, but I'm headed to Portland on Monday for a few days. What comic shops should I hit up?

TFAW and Excalibur according to my Portland pals.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also lol at the idea people change their political opinions for no reason. For some vague growing up.

Just say you want to like his stories, don't give a half assed excuse.

But I said I don't like his stories. I do like Nazis, though, and his inability to fully realize the hottest blond men into ubermensch is just so, so frustrating. GIVE ME HOTLERDONG, I NEED THE ROGERING OF THE SS.

Good to see you haven't changed while I was out.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

RandallODim posted:

loving hell, this is the worst derail, my podcast just did an episode on favorite costumes and character designs, what are some people's favorites, I like Namor, please just can we move on

Nightwing's blue fingerstripes outfit from before the New 52 hosed all that up. And the Conner Power Girl. Both stylish and sleek, without being fussy at all.

Bucky's Winter Soldier outfit in the WS movie was A++++ design. In movies in particular I am not interested in the spandex look. Ripstop non-shiny fabrics all the way. Also from that movie, Steve's strike/stealth uniform.

That Gamora's still basically Vampirella with a cloak.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Gaz-L posted:

It's an odd opinion, I know, but I've never liked the Cass Batgirl outfit, the outlined symbol and messy stitched up mouth just look unpleasant to me and not in a "Bat-folks should be intimidating" way like Batwoman's pale vampire thing. And on the other side, I actually really love the Stephanie one with the purple panels on the side.

Is that the costume which was originally Helena's, that Batman gave to Cass? That Bruce, always taking someone's identity and giving it to a kid he likes better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Guy Goodbody posted:

slutty, sharp, argumentative women are the best

Silent, invisible men are also pretty amazing.

• Locked thread