Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Guys, I'm gonna have coffee and bagels with Stan Lee.

Is this an Awesome Con thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

He's no Adam West but that sounds pretty cool.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Madkal posted:

I wanna read more books! Any recommendations for books/novels written by comic book writers. I have already read all of Gaiman's stuff, as well as Ellis's Crooked Little Vein and Machine Gun.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
Huh, not only did I explore a solid comic book shop I never knew of right around the corner from me, but they had all the FCBD kid's comics that were gone everywhere else when I went around on Saturday. And both Fletcher Hanks collections were on their 1/2 off clearance shelves!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Roth posted:

I've found that increasingly more difficult as of late.

You'll never stop me from loving my Fletcher Hanks!

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Tato posted:

I think the original Spider-Man 2099 costume uses the original Spidey colors to make something aesthetically striking and that reflects the attitude of the character. There's a reason that even after the cancellation of the 2099 line, the character has still shown up in action figure lines, video games, and animated shows - he looks loving cool.

I was going to say something like this. It's a pretty iconic costume that clearly has some connection to the original while being totally unique, whereas usual costume variants just change a few things here and there.

I was thinking how right Astro City often gets its designs, but I've always had a soft spot for Crackerjack and his roguish Errol Flynn look:

To be fair a lot of the Astro City characters seem to add some elements from beyond the normal superhero genre.

Also, I always loved the asymmetric Captain Marvel Cape. That's a classic.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.
I highly recommend the Comic Book Museum in Brussels to anyone who is ever in Brussels.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Most of the direct to DVD DC cartoon movies are really bad

I really liked Crisis on Two Earths and Gods and Monsters.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Unlucky7 posted:

Not to mention that Batman arguably murders two dudes.

That was pretty much my only complaint about Crisis but I loved everything else about it.

I actually didn't like New Frontier at all despite liking the comic. They tried to exactly emulate the art style from the comic book and somehow it didn't work in motion for me.

They canceled the second batch of Gods and Monsters web shorts (there were going to be ten) and that makes me bitter because I loved that so much. It managed to do something far more totally different than the usual alternate universe thing. I just bought all the comics so I should read them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

bobkatt013 posted:

Why has no one mentioned the best one return of the caped crusader?

Oh yes. That one is so good. Right up there with Return to the Batcave.

• Locked thread