Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Love Is Love was added on to the Eisner Best Anthology nominations after everyone told them that basing release dates on Amazon listings is pretty dumb.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05/03/love-love-now-added-2017-eisner-awards-nominations/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I need a good long run on Marvel Unlimited, I've already read most of the obvious stuff (all the classic Kirby, Lee, Ditko, Simonson's Thor, Miller and Bendis' Daredevil, Claremont X-Men, most everything Bendis now that I think about it). I'm going to be answering phones all day tomorrow and there should be a decent amount of down time between calls so I need a something to entertain me that's easy to drop and pickup again.

Grant Morrison's New X-Men, Peter David's X-Factor, Rick Remender's X-Force, Vin Diesel's xXx

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

I need some super deep cuts

Cause of this article I wanted to try this obscure Cable run, but quit MU before I got around to it.
http://www.cbr.com/collect-this-now-soldier-x/

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

His Avengers aren't there by choice as far as I've seen. In the FCBD issue some magic bomb happens, Wanda's eyes go white and Vision goes 01100001111!!!!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 9, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ms Marvel and Moon Girl have that tie-in instead.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

I feel like a spoiler-free review thread would be a neat idea, if only just so people can look to see if a new comic is interesting or not without having any actual plot details spoiled.

I floated a bipartisan review thread a couple years ago, mostly to mingle everyone since people seemed to be much more firmly sticking to their side than now, but I'd still like to see it happen.

I don't know if a focus away from discussion arguments would really be a bad thing. The mega threads are still there to dump on DT's love of Todd, while his monthly perfect score essays have a little safe space :)

Make it, bud.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 9, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just the example on hand. Apply to anybody on any book. I know someone here needs to tell the world all about this month's Zombie Tramp.

Anyway, just saying such a thread would probably need to be more formal and focused than a regular old discussion thread.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 9, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'll watch Rosmary's Baby any time the urge hits, but I haven't gone to Subway since Jared got found out. I think that's balance.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I won't forgive Lennon till he gives back Yoko's beret.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys seen the trailer for that Death Note movie?

It's not looking good

Is it looking better than Blair Witch '16? Maybe my boy Wingard can build himself back up to good movies again.

edit: Can't find a new trailer. Just the Netflix teaser from a month ago.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Too bad her comics WW and Superman/WW weren't worth reading at the time, and Johns ignored all the DCYou changes for Darkseid War.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

DC Captain Marvel shouldn't have a cape.

You have an ironic username.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd say evidence points to good Justice League runs needing weird picks.
GMo had all sorts of people, Kelly had Plastic Man, Johns only got good when Lex Luthor joined.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I just saw a post about it on Film Junk and now I know why it seemed familiar.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Duh. Everyone cool knows that the only good Pixar movie is Ratatouille.

e: I really need to take more care reading posts.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 20, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

That does explain that casting choice.

According to Murray he voiced Garfield cause he thought the movie was written by the Coen bros.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What a cool week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Clancy Brown was just perfect as Lex, just in how confident he was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDNfhCwm_c

That's the voice you go with for Metron?

• Locked thread