Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm the new character who is retconned into all the past events.

Edge & Christian posted:

BSS Fact: People were absolutely in love with the Udon Taskmaster costume, if DC had adopted the Udon Taskmaster costume (NOT THE STUPID SKULL COSTUME RRRRRRRRRR) it's entirely possible Marvel would be out of business right now due to the sheer awesomeness of DC having Identity Crisis, Jeph Loeb, and Udon Taskmaster all at the same time in 2006.

Haha! I remember that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You already paid for them, and he's not the only one who worked on it.

Just like Polanski. Hundreds of people made those movies, not just him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not really sure this discussion can continue after that loving absurd postmodernism example.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Hydra aren't Nazis, even though (like just so much nazi stuff)" isn't a Spencer thing, it's the company line.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

The main character is still named Light. But he's not Japanese, so they had to change his last name because it would be weird to have a white guy named Light Yagami.

So he has the totally normal American teen name of Light Turner

Is Light any more normal in Japan?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ultimate Spider-Woman going from her cool costume to the crappy Black Widow one should be a war crime.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't like Spidey's current costume with the glowing spider though.

The Phoenix costume is one of my favorites. Any color, they all look good. Not very fancy but a nice look.

...I guess I like body suits with logos.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Flash and Green Lantern are bigger than Wonder Woman is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

The Flash is almost up there because he's got a popular TV show now but Green Lantern is still about where Iron Man was before the MCU got started. Maybe if his movie had been good. Neither of them are Wonder Woman tier. I think DC goes like Batman, Harley Quinn, Superman, Wonder Woman. Everyone else is b-list or lower. Depending on who you ask Harley might be more popular than Batman.

Green Lantern doesn't anymore, I guess, but they both used to crush Wonder Woman in sales.

Plus the autistic guy from the Big Bang Theory wears their shirts all the time. That's big exposure.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 15, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The time Sheldon hid his money up Green Lantern's rear end was way more visible than Wonder Woman ever has been.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Justice League often forgot Superman was supposed to be as strong as Superman.

Yeah but for once the world of cardboard defense actually works.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonder Woman is considered one of the good ones too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was grating before. You just got used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's like a rule that one of the leads has to be "famous" in these things now. If she was secondary it probably would still be Strong.

• Locked thread