Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I highly doubt my wife will say "sure honey, you can spend 500 dollars and go away for a few days and ride motorbikes," but on the off chance the warden approves my leave request, how are you traveling BC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Well I am in the dog house tonight but she wants some tattoo for mothers day so I will see if I can sell her on this and let you know

e: only /active/ duty

500excf type r fucked around with this message at 03:21 on May 4, 2017

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

builds character posted:

Signed up. Looking forward to sweating so much they don't need to water the track.

I just signed up as well. I used you for the friend discount.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hUAVtsCKxY

some crashes

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

MomJeans420 posted:

Dumb question - is it expected that you'll probably end up crashing multiple times? I feel like I'd put my hand out and gently caress up my wrist, even at low speeds with full gear.

that footage was taken out of maybe 30 or 40 minutes of recorded video throughout 5+? hours of riding

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

I fully appreciate that. I had a blast out there, and I've already set up a budget to come out again. I did tell you all I was weird, tho

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Mistaken For Bacon posted:

What really sold me on this, other than everyone else's general enthusiasm, was a video where Aaron says, "You're paying me to come crash my bikes." I have a purple foot now as a souvenir reminder to keep the balls of my feet on the pegs, not my heels.

Edit: For the life of me, I can't remember what WILD stands for

wide initiate look deep

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I won my main today, just have to do it again tomorrow and I'll feel like cornerspin was a worthwhile investment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I took 3rd overall and 1st in my class for the weekend, missing 2nd overall by a single point.

All of these points but in particular the bold areas

builds character posted:

1. elbows up, push the bike down
2. Screwdriver hands.

3. hands, head, hips
4. bellybutton where you're going
5. WILD
6. look
7. teeter totter of traction
8. series of straight lines
9. enter to set up exit
10. and last, but not least, the bike's a unicycle

I believe helped me the most. I was consistent, I didn't have a single crash the entire weekend and got it done.

Deeters posted:

So that's like $900 on school and hotel to win a $10 trophy. :coal:

BC, thanks for putting together the video. It was cool.

Our trophies are bottles of sparkling wine. They will become mimosas tomorrow morning as I recover so while the two of them may not even be worth 10 dollars, how they will make me feel in the morning is priceless

• Locked thread