Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016
I've looked through AI and I haven't seen anything for those of us who sit on the wrong side of the car and cry whenever someone asks why there is an oil puddle under our car so I figured I'd make one.

Please don't kinkshame those of us who modify or even mutilate their cars for the sake of going fast or looking cool or whatever. It's their car not yours and unless it's the last one available they can do whatever they want with it.

I personally have a '71 MGB GT which continues to try to drive me to suicide by not working. If anyone knows a good way to troubleshoot an ignition switch let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016
My dad and I bought it in 2006 to do a 4 year restoration. We ended up spending 10 years doing a full frame-off restoration and now it's my daily driver.

Some mods include:
-added a 5 speed Datsun 280Z transmission.
-mild cam
-polished heads with larger valves
-all new wiring
-bluetooth amp and 2 speaker boxes to replace the lovely Honda radio in it.

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016

kimbo305 posted:

I'd be curious in a Lotus 7, Series 2 or 3. Massachusetts emissions rules is that the car needs to have emissions equipment for the year in which the car was built. So if the kit was done in the OBD-II era, that means it needs to report OBD-II readiness codes. And apparently most kit builders put in non OBD ECUs.
A real Lotus would be a true antique, though my understanding is that they're not necessarily better built or have better suspension tuning than aftermarket kits.

In Washington state emissions only need to meet any standard at all if it's <25 yrs old. So my 71 could burn coal and
be fine.

• Locked thread