Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Geoff Johns was super protective of Hal Jordan, and he always had the snippiest way of being a poo poo to both Batman and Kyle Rayner in his stories. The first one he wrote for Hal, Day of Judgement, involved everyone talking about how Hal was amazing and wonderful and Kyle couldn't hold his jockstrap and Kyle and Batman (who distrusted Hal) being beaten up all the time.

He is also famous for holding onto his pet theories as a fan, even after they were confirmed incorrect, and writing them in. Notably being "Superboy is a clone of Lex Luthor and Superman!"

I mean Bryne with Doom's been noted, but that's Bryne with anyone he writes really. He always determined that he was writing "The definitive run". Most famous story for me was on Wonder Woman, where he wanted to tell "Donna Troy's definitive Origin" when she was currently a character being used in Green Lantern. Reportedly, and I don't have the link for this anymore, so take it with a grain of salt. His response was to write Wonder Woman, pulling Donna out of GL, ignoring that GL had several issues already submitted running contrary to this. And then he wound up doing the "Dark Angel" stuff with her anyway. So it wasn't even for a good cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread