Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I would go with Phoenix Suns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHWo-xLwx8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The vikings becuse they can only come close to victory and then thry gently caress it all up at the end

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
as a 90s kid i gotta say buffalo bills

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

every two-three years oregon comes close to a championship and fails. it's them

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
yokohama bay stars

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Washington Generals

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

SickZip posted:

Washington Generals

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Seattle Seahawks

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the Cleveland Browns, since the last time they were worthwhile was in the late 1980s

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
probably the Expos

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Michael Bayleaf posted:

probably the Expos
they're never gonna make it back but a small yet loud bunch of idiots hold out hope that they will? good choice

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

arsenal

because theyre poo poo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the uh... Milwaukee... uh, Astro... Pilots? im sorry i dont know anything about sports im so sorry

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
wait no hillary is tim brody and the new england pisstriots

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
That team that gets paid to lose to the Harlem Globetrotters.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Detroit Lions because they demonstrate that hope is a lie, as is a fair and loving God.

Also they're blue.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

New York Knicks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Atlanta Thrashers

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
It has to be the Cleveland Browns, who are physically incapable of not stinging themselves to death and constantly ignore their vast structural deficiencies (quarterback, firing their coach every six weeks) in favor of pretending that they're just one piece away and that this deeply flawed candidate (quarterback) will finally be the one to get them over the hump.

I think Hillary Clinton is Derek Anderson in this scenario or something. I don't know.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SickZip posted:

Washington Generals

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Washington Redskins.

Had glory in the past, a racist past that its trying to ignore, and the uncanny ability to steal defeat from the jaws of victory ever since it got it new owner (Dan Synder/Neoliberalism) Its fans are a bitter broke husk that have hope every year but to only see it dashed against wave after wave of failure. Its big raising star in the past few year turned out to be a complete bust and it doesn't want the one player that could provide stability and victory.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Any pub darts team

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Detroit Tigers.
1. The miraculous ability to lose any game in the 9th inning, regardless of how far ahead they are
2. Refusal to acknowledge the problem or change it in any way despite years of ridicule and mounting frustration from the base
3. Shuffles around random fielders instead of addressing the ever-growing void of suck that is the bullpen

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 13 hours!)

Hilario Baldness posted:

That team that gets paid to lose to the Harlem Globetrotters.

SickZip posted:

Washington Generals

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp

SickZip posted:

Washington Generals

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

New York Knicks
good choice. no team is better at actively pissing off people associated with it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the only answer is the Cleveland "factory of sadness" Browns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
here are the Cleveland browns demonstrating the 2016 general election a full year before it happened. the role of Donald trump is played by the Baltimore ravens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkjOrYv1Gk

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

SickZip posted:

Washington Generals

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eela6 posted:

Detroit Tigers.
1. The miraculous ability to lose any game in the 9th inning, regardless of how far ahead they are
2. Refusal to acknowledge the problem or change it in any way despite years of ridicule and mounting frustration from the base
3. Shuffles around random fielders instead of addressing the ever-growing void of suck that is the bullpen

The Tigers were so heavily favored in the 2012 World Series that experts predicted they would win "in three games" and instead ended up swept by the San Francisco Giants.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Rand alPaul posted:

The Tigers were so heavily favored in the 2012 World Series that experts predicted they would win "in three games" and instead ended up swept by the San Francisco Giants.

I thought this was the 07 WS against the Cards. I gave up on following them seriously after that WS and that decision was later validated by how unprepared they looked against the Giants.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BexGu posted:

Washington Redskins.

Had glory in the past, a racist past that its trying to ignore, and the uncanny ability to steal defeat from the jaws of victory ever since it got it new owner (Dan Synder/Neoliberalism) Its fans are a bitter broke husk that have hope every year but to only see it dashed against wave after wave of failure. Its big raising star in the past few year turned out to be a complete bust and it doesn't want the one player that could provide stability and victory.

As a very sad redskins I appreciate this analogy

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
deffo the mets

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Atlanta Falcons in the super bowl.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

SoupyTwist posted:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Rand alPaul posted:

The only time my Dad and Grandpa and I have been that collectively angry was election night.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
WSU Cougars

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

C-Euro posted:

I thought this was the 07 WS against the Cards. I gave up on following them seriously after that WS and that decision was later validated by how unprepared they looked against the Giants.
that was the 06 world series. didn't they set a record for how many errors they made in that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

C-Euro posted:

It was first muttered in '06 and revived again in '12. It's hilarious how many World Series they've thrown. At least in the '06 series they won one game :(

• Locked thread