Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
the game has a lot of rpg systems that are all quite intuitive and introduced at the right pace, the level design and layout is great and very non-linear, there are a lot of hidden things to find, the combat and gunplay feel good and on nightmare it's reasonably challenging (so far anyway though it's gotten a bit easier as i've gotten more combat options), there are different ways to deal with each encounter, plot and worldbuilding are maybe a bit above average though i'm only 6 hours ina nd it could go off the rails. i've heard it runs pretty well too tho i just spent a lot of money upgrading my computer so can't speak about it meaningfully myself

get it if you liked system shock 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Is this the one where reservation Turok beats up aliens

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

quote:

Tommy's Cherokee past allows him to let his spirit roam freely at times, and gives Tommy an edge in his attempt to stop the Sphere.
Being Native American has got to be loving trill.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The demo seemed interesting but it ended before you could do anything really cool.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It is good but I feel like I'm not doing enough damage to bad guys. I run out of ammo fast and I always get hosed up in fights because I can't kill them fast enough before they close the distance.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this game owns

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Prey is a good game. Ran into an annoying bug where a body with an important item fell through the ground though. Apparently there's some save bug past 10+ hours or so as well (depending on how frequently you save I guess), hope they patch soon because the game is super fun. The space walks are especially cool and great.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Foxhound posted:

Prey is a good game. Ran into an annoying bug where a body with an important item fell through the ground though. Apparently there's some save bug past 10+ hours or so as well (depending on how frequently you save I guess), hope they patch soon because the game is super fun. The space walks are especially cool and great.

What's the save bug?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

its always the coffee cup you don't smash

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://clips.twitch.tv/NicePunchyAmazonCurseLit

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

fadam posted:

What's the save bug?

I only know it second hand from a friend, but apparently when he was about ~15 hours into the game and got back to an earlier area it had reset somehow and he started receiving quests he had already completed and stuff, real weird.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I've seen people say the second half is boring, is that true or is it just insane Games people who play 40 hours in one weekend and get confused when they start to get burned out

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I've seen people say the second half is boring, is that true or is it just insane Games people who play 40 hours in one weekend and get confused when they start to get burned out

Id say its goons being goons, I felt like the game really picked up during the second half

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I've seen this getting 4/10s from big review sites for technical issues and glitches (most of which have already been patched) despite it being, by far, the least buggy Bethesda launch in forever. It's pretty funny how transparently angry reviewers are about not getting to play games before everyone else

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I definitely wanna play this at some point but probably not at full price. Feels like a good Summer Nights game.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
how does it play on the ps4?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

sector_corrector posted:

not well, it has long load times and the same awful input lag Dishonoured 2 has, plus 30FPS cap. maybe it's better on PS4 Pro but I doubt it

the PC version seems to be fine this time around

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

not well, it has long load times and the same awful input lag Dishonoured 2 has, plus 30FPS cap. maybe it's better on PS4 Pro but I doubt it

the PC version seems to be fine this time around
drat, that sucks. i can't afford to upgrade my computer yet. i guess i've got to play wait and see, although i didn't hate dishonored 2 w/ the patch.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
there's a demo, the full game controls just as poorly even though they said it wouldn't

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

I don't mind it. The long loading times is the biggest issue imo, some bigger areas can take about a minute to load. It's probably better on a good PC but it's not like it's a struggle on the PS4.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

I definitely wanna play this at some point but probably not at full price. Feels like a good Summer Nights game.

Gonna pick this one up on sale aswell

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Rented it, was pretty good but the ps4 version has some input problems so Im gonna wait for a sale on PC

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Can't wait to pick it up for 20 bucks in 2 weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like Prey, a lot.

• Locked thread