Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Whoa! It's Marathon Himself! Did you get his autograph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Kheldarn posted:

Whoa! It's Marathon Himself! Did you get his autograph?

you won't believe it, but I didn't have any pens or napkins on me at the time, and I'm always super timid around celebs or anyone of vague importance anyway, so I didn't.

he looks like the type that would be at pride; I'll have to keep a look out for him while I'm out and about :cheeky:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
please sign my Vore, Marathon

Seaogre
Oct 10, 2012
Grimey Drawer

noether posted:

I mean, this is a taining field, sir. I need to fight you to be a mon master or whatever, right?

I read "taining" as "tanning" and had to think for a good while whether this was a typo or whether this game actually has tanning fields. I would not be surprised if yes.

I played Alpha Sapphire recently and it's interesting to see how different Mauville was before they overhauled it for the remake.

(Also, Vore? Really?)

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009

How exactly does a machine translator go from "Triathlete" to "Iron Man"? Like, yes, a Triathlon is maybe sort of a kind of Iron Man competition, but how does a computer make that kind of connection? Or is it something that was manually done?

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Modern Google Translate spits out "three omnipotent" when translating "triathlete" from Chinese to English (after translating it from English to Chinese in the first place). Which makes a weird sense when you think about it, but it's also conceivable that older machine translation software might have come up with something more outlandish.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I would presume "Iron Man" was just loaded in there as a synonym for "triathlete?" It's not outlandish, and presumably a real translator would get use out of being aware that "Iron Man" refers to triathlon-like athletic competitions. It's just ill-suited to pure machine translation.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Bogart posted:

please sign my Vore, Marathon

who knew that Griffin McElroy was an SA poster

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
dont blow up my spot bro :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishOnAPiano
Oct 9, 2012
Clearly I've just been reading too much of the Uranium and Reborn LPs, but I kind of want to see a bug type pokemon called Bedlamite now

• Locked thread