Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So, my friends and I will be in Toronto in late July. We're planning on landing at Billy Bishop. We're trying to book a hotel as close as possible to the Airport. The problem is I don't know what area of Toronto on Priceline would be best to stay in for proximity and frugality, and when I enter BIlly Bishop XYZ on Priceline, it mostly gives me places close to Pearson. Which areas would be best
Burlington-Oakville
Downtown Toronto North-Yorkville
Downtown Toronto Southeast-Union Station
Downtown Toronto Southwest-Entertainment and Financial District
Markham
Mississauga
Oakville-Mississauga South
Scarborough-Pickering
Toronto Airport-East
Toronto Airport-West
Toronto East Beaches
Toronto East-Don Valley
Toronto-North York and South Vaughan
Toronto North Vaughan
Toronto West

Those are the options on travel sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tensac
Jun 9, 2011

is it anything?
Toronto downtown southeast/southwest are the closest areas to BB. Anything else is a 30-45 mins commute. At least. Union station is across the street from the Royal York, a nice place I've heard. Good luck.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Only consider these three areas on Priceline:

Downtown Toronto North-Yorkville
Downtown Toronto Southeast-Union Station
Downtown Toronto Southwest-Entertainment and Financial District

Southeast and Southwest are practically walking distances apart but are the closest to Billy Bishop. The Yorkville ones are like 4 subway stops from Union (that are like a minute or 2 each stop). You can even walk them if you really wanted to.

Don't bother with the rest as they're mostly on the outskirts away from Downtown Toronto. I'd also only bid on 4 stars and above to get a pretty good hotel. The 3 to 3.5 star ones are decent also, but they're mostly Holiday Inn's and stuff, which is also decent but for like $20 extra you get to stay at nicer places so why not.

• Locked thread