Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BlueBlazer posted:

3d printer nerds have been doing this for a while.

Really took off at the start of the year though.

http://www.thingiverse.com/glitchpudding/collections/fidget

Print them and give them away to people, keep using them after a week to know they are on the spectrum somewhere.

I ordered a 3d printed one with ball bearings in it and it exploded into shrapnel when I spun it with an air gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tactlessbastard posted:

Back when I worked in a machine shop the CNC operators would get the little piece rest bearings going with compressed air and turn them loose. One took off across the floor and hit the sheet metal wall hard enough to dent it.

I blew up a 3d printed spinner with 3 ball bearings instead of flat bearings on the outside with an air gun. One bearing wound up 10-15 feet away from where I was. Thankfully i didnt break anything.

• Locked thread