Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

(Quarth being the original sin of the TV show).

Qarth. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

jokes posted:

e: I personally think the WWs made the wall and Bran the Builder is some bullshit-- he probably just built the stupid idiot keeps and elevators, and the horn book-Mance claims to have isn't the real one and the WWs are in possession of the only real one in case humans decide to start settling north again so the book-wall will come down from the horn.

Wasn't there an implication somewhere that the wall was actually built to protect the WWs from humanity, not the other way around?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Those S8 spoilers has Howland Reed die in E02, then he's somehow back to tell Jon about the Tower of Joy in E03.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah, they feel a bit fake to me. There's no way we'll see the corpse of fan favorite Dany strung up and splattered with poop, and there's no way fan favorite (for some reason) Lyanna Mormont will mysteriously die off-camera for no good reason.

On the other hand, having smug pre-teen wizard ninja Arya kill Cersei instead of Jaime is so goddamn stupid it'll probably happen.

The "bittersweet" ending is probably still some variation of Jon and Daenerys both dying but their offspring ends up on the Iron Throne.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

my point is Arya needs to kill cersei because otherwise 4 god drat years of Aryas plot is for nothing

Something like half the people on her list have already been killed by other people, wouldn't make much of a difference. Arya is a lovely excuse for an assassin.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Adonis posted:

Dany dies and gets shat upon

We never got to see the famous scene of Dany making GBS threads herself in a field, but I guess this would be almost as good. :unsmith:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

banned from Starbucks posted:

They should have cast Crispin Danny Glover

ftfy

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Secx posted:

Sure, Jon is a legit male heir, but his father was brother to the king.

E:f,b

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

One must also wonder wtf does Rhaegar's marriage even mean by this point, it changes nothing, the reveal comes at the point where the plot it was supposed to entangle is already resolved and creates no tension whatsoever. Will Dany think Jon is suddenly going to usurp her?

If Rhaegar hadn't married Lyanna, Aegjon Snowgaryen would just be Jon Sand and have no legitimate claim. I'd be surprised if they didn't bring this up at all in S8.

Also, wouldn't the marriage only makes sense if the annulment makes his children by Elia Martell retroactively illegitimate? If it didn't, the first Aegon (the one he had with Elia) would still be his eldest legitimate son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Wallet Inspector posted:

Daario is the head of the Second Sons in the show I'm pretty sure. Golden Company hasn't appeared yet.

Calling it now: D&D will conveniently forget/ignore this and make Daario the commander of Cerseis new mercenary army, who immediately will switch sides and fight for Dany the moment they land in Westeros.

• Locked thread