Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Have any of Preston Jacobs theories actually been proven to be true or is too early in the books?

Preston did all his batshit after ADWD, so his theories will never be proven or disproven because that will be the last book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i don't feel like going to this nerd's wiki or youtube channel or whatever, what's his ending?

I think the White Walkers are aliens or something, and Jon Snow kills them with water. That's why they're freezing everything, they're scared of water.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If you don't think Arya is gonna assassinate the Night King with that dagger, you're a fool.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They have implied as late as Season 6 that she's barren.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They are able to pay the Iron Bank.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What's that image in the upper right?

Dead wildlings from 1x01.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GRRM did write something:

quote:

The passageway Arianne had chosen for herself turned steep and wet within a hundred feet. The footing grew uncertain. Once she slipped, and had to catch herself to keep from sliding. More than once she considered turning back, but she could see Ser Daemon’s torch ahead and hear him calling for Elia, so she pressed on. And all at once she found herself in another cavern, five times as big as the last one, surrounded by a forest of stone columns. Daemon Sand moved to her side and raised his torch. “Look how the stone’s been shaped,” he said. “Those columns, and the wall there. See them?”

“Faces,” said Arianne. So many sad eyes, staring.

“This place belonged to the children of the forest.”

“A thousand years ago.” Arianne turned her head. “Listen. Is that Joss?”

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Don't kink-shame the Children.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The reason is: the shot of the dragon flying in with the Dothraki was cool.

But I know tactical realism is more important than Rule of Cool for some people for dragon battles.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Dany needs a loving harness so she can do loops and barrel rolls.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The bad thread is actually pretty chill.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tommen hosed her over. Joffrey and Myrcella never did.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

It's...weird? It started snowing in the Vale by season 4, and there was a lot of snow during s5 Winterfell, but then come s6 the Bastardbowl happens on green muddy fields, and the next episode is snowtown again.

Maybe Melisandre's offing off Shireen stalled the Winter?

Maybe winter follows Sansa around? When Sansa was in the Vale it snowed, when she was in Winterfell it snowed, when she escaped with Theon it melted, and when she returned to Winterfell it started snowing again. Maybe that's her superpower?

Even in the book, it's a lot colder at the Eyrie because of elevation.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't think it would make sense for them to handwave their responsibility to go protect who would otherwise be the legal king, Viserys. I think "they were just following Rhaegar's orders" is GRRM misdirection.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

esperterra posted:

After Viserys, Aegon would be next in line anyway,

His face was smushed though.

Before all the deaths, there were four Kingsguard in King's Landing, so they didn't need to be there then. It wouldn't make sense to me to leave King Viserys III with zero Kingsguard, no matter their previous orders.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 10, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't buy it.

Edit: Was Gerold even his buddy?

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Aug 10, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

Honor makes people do dumb things that make no sense. It's like the moral of the story.

But this wouldn't be a dumb honor vs smart pragmatism situation at all.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He also saved the life of the Queen's best friend. As Stannis said of Night's Watch vows, "Words are wind".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Sydin posted:

So it was a couple pages back people were talking about it, but I went back and watched the scene where Davos puts Gendry in the boat and he actually tells Gendry to follow the coast and get back to King's Landing. Gendry's all "uh the Gold Cloaks are kind of looking for me..." but Davos handwaves it by saying they don't know his face. So I guess there's a reason for Davos to expect Gendry might still be hanging around there, albeit a dumb one.

"Gendry" was killed years ago on the Kingsroad. And they never knew what he looked like. And the king who sent them is long dead. It's not like they have DNA or retinal scans in Westeros.

Edit: He spent a whole season in a Lannister military camp no problem. King's Landing is no big deal.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 10, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The highest rated ever, i think.

JaySB posted:

They. Need. The. Knights. Of. The. Vale.

To be fair, I'm sure they'll obey Royce, who seems to be Sansa's real right hand.

Maybe they have to kill him in secret, so Robin doesn't throw a shitfit.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 11, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So Preston finally learned his viewers are 4-channers.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

grack posted:

This is not uncommon. Ever heard of Bolton Strid?

It's dangerous outside.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

hold the front door, are there really two people named Aegon Targaryen in the show or is that a holdover from the books

i mean isn't it possible that Jon is the only Aegon in the show?

There's also a shitload of people named Walder Frey.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Second Sons' battles were off-screen. They captured Yunkai after Daario 1.0, Jorah and the Worm had their fight scene, fought at the Meereenese port when Dany took Meereen and they re-captured Yunkai between S4 and S5. And we saw harpies kill some Second Sons.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Aug 31, 2017

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's because Alt Shift X only presents the most popular non-dumb theories.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

If GRRM ever writes more books and introduces a leader for the Others, he may very well call him the Great Other, which they can't use in the show. Find + replace.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The White Walkers' wight-raising is kinda perfect if you're being short-sighted. Numbers are the one big advantage humans had over the Children.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Efexeye posted:

i used to teach middle school and when the kids would get out of control i would make them put their heads down and i'd read aloud from Game of Thrones

they loving hated it

Was this before sunset found her squatting in the grass?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Not that it really made sense that the Iron Bank was willing to back the loser stuck in the middle of nowhere in the book.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think they have an excellent navy and can just hire the best sellswords if they need to.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I can't remember why she's with them at all. Why is she constantly tagging along?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I take it that he fully liked the story until he couldn't make the five year gap work. That messed up his vision and he got bored.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"What was I thinking breaking up the twins? Aunt/nephew stuff is boring."

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Dany's corpse having poo poo flung at it

Oh, GRRM's back in the writers' room.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Away all Goats posted:

By the way, isn't fire supposed to instantly kill the wights?

It never has before.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

It wasn't really anything related to the end of the series as we know it.

So the orange is sure, but the white is made up?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Isn't that what Joffrey's actor did too?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not as cool as everyone immediately knowing the Night King is the Night King and referring to him as such. Could have thrown a "he's the Night King from the tales" or something, but nah, everyone just immediately knows the Night King and what/who he is with 0 mention of him before.

Needing a scene where Jon explains to his circle why he's decided to call him a generic term like the Night King feels too hand-holdy to me.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

It's based on the champions in the Hedge Knight, which are in order a Baratheon, Tyrell, Lannister, Hardyng, Targerayan.

I think it's pretty stupid because Joffrey is actually a Lannister and Sansa was never betrothed to a Tyrell.

It's a minor Anaconda Malt Liquor theory, I don't know why some people like it.

• Locked thread