Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

esperterra posted:

Too much time on their hands between books.

That and the prevalence of secret identities, baby swaps, etc in the books. But mostly just the fact that people go insane in the 5+ years between books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The change in Daarios was like super jarring. They don't look anything alike, they don't act anything alike...and the character had a little bit too much screentime to forget between seasons

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Cornflakes posted:

Speaking of which, now that Tommen is dead I guarantee Qyburn has vivisected Ser Pounce

eat poo poo

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

precision posted:

Yeah but we know so much about what HAS to happen that anyone could guess about the last season and get half the story beats right.

Yeah I was just thinking that. If that leak is 100% made-up some of it will still end up happening just because it's a logical direction for the story to go in. Like there's about a 99% chance there will be a battle at Winterfell and that the heroes will lose the battle, just because that's a logical place for the white walkers to go next and it would be pretty anticlimactic to beat them in the first fight.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

One reason I think the spoilers are fake is that Howland Reed shows up for no loving reason when his narrative purpose has already been exhausted. I really doubt they'd waste time on that poo poo with 6 episodes left.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

GRRM won't live long enough to write 4 more books. If he does, 2 of them will be wildcards and 1 will be a history of the valyrian empire. I just want him to wrap up TWOW in the next year or two and then get ADOS out even if it means going through plot bullet-points like the show.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It wasn't really anything related to the end of the series as we know it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Maybe the mark has something to do with Bran being the Night's King. I know the actor says the theory is bullshit but they've changed the NK's face to look markedly more similar to Bran lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

She also mentioned that Cersi is going to have a dwarf, and die during child birth.

I always thought this would be a perfect end to Cersei.

• Locked thread