Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

How many episodes are gonna leak this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lycus posted:

No one cares what extras think.

Assuming he came up with this while writing ASoS and not recently, can the Gurm explain why fire wights die conventionally while ice wights keep moving until you burn them?

Fire consumes while ice preserves? I recall there was a bit with Maester Aemon croaking days after leaving the wall.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

We also had that scene of old hag Mellisandra questioning her faith.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

TK-42-1 posted:

Have they ever brought 'The stallion that mounts the world' again after babby died?

It's Drogon you dunce.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

TK-42-1 posted:

No poo poo. It was a question relating to why the dothraki all followed her. I was just curious if they ever mentioned it again.

The ones that followed her immediately after she burned Khal Drogo and the witch called her the 'mother of Dragons' and the rest because she's fire Jesus and Drogon showed up. I mean they haven't mentioned it specifically but it's not hard to infer here.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It's funny how the Targaryans were just some worthless hick family of nobodies at the rear end end of the Valyrian Empire and only became important because by being in bum gently caress nowhere they were the only ones who survived the apocalypse.

They went there intentionally because Aegon's mother predicted the doom of Valyria and they gtfo'd.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Bran had a special saddle and a loving wheelchair made. Why can't Dany just get a saddle done so she doesn't risk falling off like a goof?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

This is heartbreaking.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

JBP posted:

Gendry is going to have the biggest arms oh my god....

Stupid sexy Gendry..

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Has anyone mentioned how it's really super relevant that Arya has a Valyrian steel dagger? Valyrian steel that is much more effective at killing white walkers than obsidian is.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So It Goes posted:

I don't like the secret marriage because it ruins the theme that despite Jons true heritage, he was still a bastard technically. As such, all the people that poo poo on him for being a bastard were technically accurate and his success in spite of being one was a nice thematic touch.

Removing him from being a bastard ruins all of that and just pushes his whole Harry Potter chosen one destiny even farther and makes the show kinda hokey.

They also made sure that Sam's rear end in a top hat dad and his honestly innocent brother, got burnt so Sam can have a happy ending with Gilly in a castle.

esperterra posted:

After Viserys, Aegon would be next in line anyway,

Technically the line always passes through the eldest son. So Jon would still be ahead of Viseris even if Rhaegar was never crowned.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Arglebargle III posted:

Sam was disowned you slut.

By a dead man, and Sam is best buddies with a king on the winning side.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Will there even be a nights watch without a wall?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Omnikin posted:

The seed is strong

wait wrong family

Orys Baratheon (founder of that dynasty) was Aegon the conquerors half brother.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

FogHelmut posted:

what do those holes on the sides of the mouth do?

I think that's a homage to Reign of Fire.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

Another thing that made no loving sense. "You're not the real queen you can't order me to the wall"

Ok shitwit, how about you volunteer for the wall and since you're an honorable man we'll take you at your word. Or if you don't want to, at least tell your son to. Stupid motherfucker.

Dickon dying for his dad's respect was dumb as hell, but it's only happened so Sam can be make an offhand comment to Jon about it and never mention it again. Then he inherits the castle and lives happily ever after with Gilly.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think the funniest thing about Arya's face bag is that they're so obviously made of rubber. If they were leathery rags I'd be more into it.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lol if the secret to valyrian steel was in the library this whole time...

I'm sure the secret ingredient is dragons blood.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I thought Dany meant he wasn't worthy. Sure he's a king but he's a bastard and so isn't a fit husband for a true queen.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Was Tyrion supposed to look jealous? I couldn't figure out what his deal was.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I think Arya knew all along. Sansa only figured it out when Littlefinger played the game with her.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Lol at the wobbly sword when the stuntman does the overhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Joffreys actor got out at the perfect time. Best character on the show and he died before they had a chance to ruin him.

• Locked thread