Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I need another closeup cock shot or
i'm done with this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Season 6 makes season 7 look awful.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

TOOT BOOT posted:

Beric's definitely not Azor Ahai in the books since he's dead. I don't know why they included the whole flaming sword bit with Beric but didn't let Stannis have Lightbringer.

So that rules out Jon too.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Berric is way better than lovely zombie Cat. It's not like there's any more Freys to kill anyway.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

skasion posted:

The show is still reasonably impressive as a production. If you'd told me even five years ago I'd ever see CG of that quality on TV, I'd have been pretty skeptical to say the least. But narratively it's middling to dogshit and has lost all respect for or faith in its audience.

I've been watching sg-1 since a few days ago and the amount of effort that goes into a cable movie network (HBO/Showtime) show since the early 2000s is insane. The ambition is there but the financial backing isn't.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Harton posted:

Yeah whoever is in charge of the tits is doing an A+ job.

I mean honestly they're working at a B+ level.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I'm pretty sure the Blackfish actor couldn't be arsed to learn how to fight without it looking lovely so just died off screen. Like the complete opposite of what happened to Selmy.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Arya's Season 6 arc made absolutely zero loving sense. I'm still baffled by it.

The end result makes sense if you gave them an entire season to flesh it out. Or competent writers who did some kind of karate kid montage. As it is, apparently you become a super assessing by being blind and fighting with staves.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

hitchensgoespop posted:

I would love to see an actual real life % of what hes written for WOW.

I bet its arseshittingly disappointing. Like 46% or something

0%

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

Personally, Im not a big fan of the battle scenes. They are indeed impressive, but also usually too long and packed with dumb and stupid stuff

Even the battle of the bastards had the ridiculous encirclement that the giant could have easily broken.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

bloom posted:

Probably had more to do with the fact that they took a 100-year old dude on a long trip in some lovely wooden boat.

He started going downhill pretty quick after he left. Like losing his faculties and poo poo. Egg....

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Talisass

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I mean Dragonstone is loving fine. It's where Aegon started his poo poo. Plus it has a direct line to the capital. Coming in from the reach or dorne is a long march with probably a bunch of battles on the way.

That being said, show bad and as much as i'm looking forward to tonight i'm entirely expecting to be disappointed.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Retardog posted:

cuntpasting

this is a new one for me

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't understand worshiping a god when you know there's nothing on the other side.

Because they have real actual power on this side?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

melisandre obviously thinks there should be an afterlife hence my question about worshiping the god after you find out there's nothing at the end.

I mean, if you believe in a god and it has real, physical power in the real world and someone tells you theres just oblivion on the other side would it really matter? I'd probably double down since I do actually have magic now and theres fuckall waiting for me. That's one thing I've never understood about religion in that if there's some wonderful bullshit waiting for you then why do you stick around?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

The idea that someone cast as a whore in a show would object to nude scenes is kind of a reach.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

esperterra posted:

The four kids thing is show only, re: Cersei. And the valonqar prophecy doesn't exist on the show, either. Unless they introduce it this year or next.

it was the loving opening of one of the seasons. like 5 maybe.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

the ironborn took winterfell in an afternoon

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Have they ever brought 'The stallion that mounts the world' again after babby died?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

It's Drogon you dunce.

No poo poo. It was a question relating to why the dothraki all followed her. I was just curious if they ever mentioned it again.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Its literally the first line of the scene.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Jesus christ the Lannisters got jumped in what amounts to the suburbs of KL. They talk about getting over the blackwater rush which is super close to KL. They're not out in the loving boonies they're almost home. That's why the gold wagons made it in safely.

ffs goons

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

e:love phone posting

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

hitchensgoespop posted:

Have any of Preston Jacobs theories actually been proven to be true or is too early in the books?

I love how disappointed he is in the show. It's like sweet sweet smack in my veins.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Jeb! Repetition posted:

What's that image in the upper right?

It's a Theta which is a recurrent theme in the show and also a sign of the Engineers who terraform planets and furthermore...

-preston

But seriously it's what the Nights Watch in the opening of the show find. Then they go back and it's gone and the bodies are wights and they get murked.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Someone with talent shop this to be jaime dany and drogon

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

In It For The Tank posted:

Goddamn I miss Season 1's writing.

It is reaaaaaaally obvious they're hacks when you rewatch.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

JaySB posted:

Without listening to that, is that Bran is The Night King? Because if so, yes.

I got like 3m in and she said Bran is Brandon the builder and did everything to prepare and I closed it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Constant posted:

this is gonna kill the NK

i mean what the gently caress can he do against it

i wanna gently caress that mouth

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

hahahahahaha the amount of blood coming out of the dragon.

holy poo poo that's some kill bill bullshit.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

aBagorn posted:

Implied?

It was outright shown.

It was shown they literally made him out of a man. Goons are so bad at retaining information.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I liked the two light sabers when the bear attacked.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

TeaJay posted:

Tell me, did you ever wonder why the men of the Night's watch take no wives and father no children?

So they will not love. Love is the death of duty.

Of all the scenes in Game oF Thrones tits & dragons TV entertainment show, I find this one to be one of the best, if not THE best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pozI5n6A_Io

christ this show used to be so loving good.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

He's kissed by fire you know. It's like poetry.....

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Everyone actually died a long time ago and we're just seeing a series of performances by faceless men.

https://oglaf.com/kingshaped/

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

If the music is already out doesn't that imply the scripts are and have been done for a while?

Or is that s7 music and i'm a retard

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Propaganda Machine posted:

Music is composed and performed to conform to the final version of picture, not vice versa. I'm just glad nobody's blaming Ramin Djawadi for anything, his poo poo is excellent.

It's s7 but if you're a retard I'm surprised to see that most of the people itt know how to read and spell.

hard to read small text on youtube previews on my phone

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

precision posted:

hold the front door, are there really two people named Aegon Targaryen in the show or is that a holdover from the books

i mean isn't it possible that Jon is the only Aegon in the show?

Aegon V is Aemon's little brother and is the Egg from the 'I dreamt that I was old' quote. Also same guy as Dunk and Egg. Aerys's father and Danys grandfather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

basic hitler posted:

Alt shift x is very good.

His production and style is really good but like has been said he doesn't really go off the deep end. Preston will always be my boy because not only does he come up with some ridiculous poo poo but you can see his will break slowly as the last few season watch videos go on.

'There's Jorah who the gently caress cares.' is gold.

• Locked thread