Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Well then Sansa will be president or prime minister or whatever. The point is, Sansa is in charge at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
In the scene where Jamie is charging Dany with a spear, was Tyrion's under-breath dialog wanting Jamie to kill Dany? My feed was very unstable at that point.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

R-Type posted:

In the scene where Jamie is charging Dany with a spear, was Tyrion's under-breath dialog wanting Jamie to kill Dany? My feed was very unstable at that point.

He was saying "flee you idiot" cause charging towards a dragon can only produce predictable results.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

R-Type posted:

No, he's speaking for the audience saying "don't do it you loving idiot."

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I had a dream that I was rendezvousing Arya in an old abandoned farmhouse in the woods, and I knew she got there before me because her truck was there. I looked around and couldn't find her anywhere, and the creepiness of the environment and the fact that she was missing kept making me more and more paranoid until I was in a full on panick jumping at shadows and looking for secret passages she could be hiding in, but eventually I threw some covers off a bed and she'd just been sleeping the whole time. I was embarrassed that I'd made so much noise and probably woke her up already, and asked her why she was asleep instead of being ready for our spy meeting, and she said a couple had paid her to pretend to be their baby and it had exhausted her.

Huh, I thought it was going to end with sex.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

R-Type posted:

He says "Flee, you loving idiot!"

He is correct.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

WampaLord posted:

He says "Flee, you loving idiot!"

He is correct.

Is he though? Jaime had the chance to win the war for Team Lannister right then with the downside being getting wet.

I'd say Jaime did nothing wrong.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Is he though? Jaime had the chance to win the war for Team Lannister right then with the downside being getting wet.

I'd say Jaime did nothing wrong.

I don't think you truly absorbed Bronn's lesson about living to fight another day.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

WampaLord posted:

I don't think you truly absorbed Bronn's lesson about living to fight another day.

Jaime is alive to fight another day.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Jaime is alive to fight another day.

Yea, thanks to Bronn.

:smuggo:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Yea, thanks to Bronn.

:smuggo:

He knew that Bronn would bail him out because a dead Lannister never pays his debt.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Next episode, goons are going to ask where did the Tarlys go. Then we'll see 20 pages of arguments that Gendry couldn't row his way to KL because of weather and ocean current patterns. This while bemoaning that Sam, Gilly and Sam Jr. teleported to Winterfell even though Old town and Winterfell is like 700 miles away through unstable and hostile territory.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Maybe Jaime is dead, and they just won't mention it - like James Marsden in X-Men 3. I didn't realize he was actually dead for another 45 minutes.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Someone with talent shop this to be jaime dany and drogon

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

R-Type posted:

"Fly, you fools"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

some guy on the bus posted:

Huh, I thought it was going to end with sex.

It ended with Arya using her faceless magic to turn me into a woman but I didn't include that part because it was embarrassing.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TK-42-1 posted:

Someone with talent shop this to be jaime dany and drogon

It has already been done

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

GaussianCopula posted:

That's actually not how the prophecy is worded.

Basically, if Jon get's her preggo he will have to deal with a very angry Khal Drogo, who will probably not take to kindly to some moody teen loving his wife and getting her pregnant. Not kindly at all.

While this would be hilariously stupid (which is the kind of stupid I'd love to see in the show), it could also pretty much mean that Dany will die in childbirth and reunite with Drogo in the next life which is corny stupid (which is the kind of stupid that we get in the show).

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

While this would be hilariously stupid (which is the kind of stupid I'd love to see in the show), it could also pretty much mean that Dany will die in childbirth and reunite with Drogo in the next life which is corny stupid (which is the kind of stupid that we get in the show).

The actual corny stupid solution is that Dany will have a kid with Jon and call him Drogo, probably because Drogon died in the final battle. I mean sure, nothing says gently caress you to Jon more than naming his child after her first husband, but given that Rhaegar named Jon Aegon because he believed that name belonged to the PtwP and his first son somehow failed to be the PtwP all bets are off.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Drunk in Space posted:

I'm pretty sure GRRM said at one point that the ending would be a fantasy, not sci-fi, and that people should just give up on calculating orbits or talking about nanobots in Targ blood or whatever. Did this Preston guy never get that memo?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RET4E58u51I

This is well done. Even though D&D spun Jaime's character development in circles like a fidget spinner he is still one of my favorite characters.

In fact, maybe his character going in circles actually worked better for him than a linear anti-hero -> epiphany -> good guy the book seems to be going.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm going to guess this guy getting ignored isn't exactly a smoking gun proof of his fan theories. :v:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

quote:

"I read Dreamsongs and you had another thing about the path less taken"
"I don't know it's dressing I was thinking about putting it on the salad"
George begins having a conversation about salad dressing with another person sitting at the table.

An actual thing that happened when Preston met George. Though this is my favorite:

quote:

"I don't know, maybe you're right, I wrote that story in 1973, you're probably more familiar with it than I am."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pJkldtAh0

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 9, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:laffo:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

emanresu tnuocca posted:

An actual thing that happened when Preston met George. Though this is my favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pJkldtAh0

He moved tables and took someone else's seat to double his time with GRRM.

He says it was a mistake, but we know.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

JBP posted:

She also need a big basket of spears to throw at people while she cruises around. Honestly if you are riding a dragon unharnessed and without a big circular golden shield, I don't know what the gently caress you're thinking.

Also wearing a no nonsense suit of armour since the dragon can just take the load and if you get shot down and it dies you're probably hosed anyway.
If you want to do some serious damage riding a dragon, I'd rig up some really big bladders full of lamp oil and just release them from like 80 feet up. Then come back around in a couple minutes after it settles.

Unfortunately due to real world physics the thermal convection currents and rapid depressurization of the burning oil/air's density would immediately cause you to crash, but nobody ever cared about dragons knocking themselves out of the sky because of physics before, so

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 9, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm having a really hard time remembering something truly rear end in a top hat-y the Lannisters did without prior provocation to warrant so many fans hating the Lannisters, particularly Cersei.

Jaime pushes Bran out of the tower, yeah, but the alternative would have been for him, Cersei, their children and, knowing Robert, the whole house Lannister getting executed. Cersei is later shown disgusted by the way Jaime reacted.

Jon Arryn finds out the true, but the Lannisters didn't kill him. That was Littlefinger + Lysa + Pycelle.

Littlefinger eggs Catelyn into kidnapping Tyrion, after which Jaime gets pissed and fights Ned, and Tywin starts a war against House Tully.

Then Ned Stark comes and starts poking his nose and confronts Cersei and go "ha, ha, ha, ha I'm telling on you" which results in her desperately getting Robert killed and Ned imprisoned.

Joffrey is a dick and kills Ned, but we as the audience are shown that neither Cersei nor Tywin abide by this stupid decision

Jaime is revealed to have actually saved KL from Aerys' wildfire madness and silently accepts the world's mockery without ever backlashing.

Tywin orchestrates the Red Wedding when Robb is getting too close to Casterly Rock and it seems that he may win the war. A dickish move, but it also spared the country an even longer war (on that front at least) and he himself isn't proud of it.

Cersei correctly senses that the Tyrell's are dangerous to her family and hatches a plan to get Margaery's popularity polls to drop by working with the faith.

The faith then betrays her and shames her, which leads to her making them go kabloom.

Meanwhile Ellaria and the Sand Snakes kill an innocent girl after Oberyn lost in a fight he enter voluntarily knowing the stakes.

Sure, the Lannisters have always been smug rear end in a top hat, and also are blond and blue eyed which in the media apparently increases the smug rear end in a top hat factor by 50, but unlike characters like LF, Roose Bolton, Walder Frey, Daenerys, Margaery the only thing you could say they did for their own benefit was joining Robert's Rebellion at the last minute, while all their others action have been for self preservation.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 9, 2017

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm having a really hard time remembering something truly rear end in a top hat-y the Lannisters did without prior provocation to warrant so many fans hating the Lannisters, particularly Cersei.

Its mainly against joffrey but Cersei was a huge rear end in a top hat to tyrion back when he was actually a good character what with having his supposed whore beaten and all that.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

Jaime pushes Bran out of the tower, yeah, but the alternative would have been for him, Cersei, their children and, knowing Robert, the whole house Lannister getting executed. Cersei is later shown disgusted by the way Jaime reacted.

Jon Arryn finds out the true, but the Lannisters didn't kill him. That was Littlefinger + Lysa + Pycelle.

Littlefinger eggs Catelyn into kidnapping Tyrion, after which Jaime gets pissed and fights Ned, and Tywin starts a war against House Tully.

Then Ned Stark comes and starts poking his nose and confronts Cersei and go "ha, ha, ha, ha I'm telling on you" which results in her desperately getting Robert killed and Ned imprisoned.

Joffrey is a dick and kills Ned, but we as the audience are shown that neither Cersei nor Tywin abide by this stupid decision

Jaime is revealed to have actually saved KL from Aerys' wildfire madness and silently accepts the world's mockery without ever backlashing.

Tywin orchestrates the Red Wedding when Robb is getting too close to Casterly Rock and it seems that he may win the war. A dickish move, but it also spared the country an even longer war (on that front at least) and he himself isn't proud of it.

Cersei correctly senses that the Tyrell's are dangerous to her family and hatches a plan to get Margaery's popularity polls to drop by working with the faith.

The faith then betrays her and shames her, which leads to her making them go kabloom.

Meanwhile Ellaria and the Sand Snakes kill an innocent girl after Oberyn lost in a fight he enter voluntarily knowing the stakes.

Sure, the Lannisters have always been smug rear end in a top hat, and also are blond and blue eyed which in the media apparently increases the smug rear end in a top hat factor by 50, but unlike characters like LF, Roose Bolton, Walder Frey, Daenerys, Margaery the only thing you could say they did for their own benefit was joining Robert's Rebellion at the last minute, while all their others action have been for self preservation.

So what you are saying is that the Lannisters did nothing wrong by killing children and waging war to protect their incest babies?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

We can all agree that Euron is the rightful king of the people.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

RCarr posted:

The final scene is Arya pulling the Dany mask off, to Jon's surprise. "You thought you were loving your Aunt, but I am actually your sister!"

"Hot", says Jon, as they kiss.

Arya is not Jon's sister. They are cousins.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Is it possible Gendry has become a selrower? Rowing all these boats around and that is the reason for their epic speeds?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

GaussianCopula posted:

So what you are saying is that the Lannisters did nothing wrong by killing children and waging war to protect their incest babies?

No, what I'm saying is that it's loving hypocrite for people to call the Lannisters evil for going to any extreme to protect themselves while they are cheering for the girl that is a tantrum away from burning the whole country to ashes just because she wants the cool rear end chair that her crazy old pops used to own

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RET4E58u51I

This is well done. Even though D&D spun Jaime's character development in circles like a fidget spinner he is still one of my favorite characters.

In fact, maybe his character going in circles actually worked better for him than a linear anti-hero -> epiphany -> good guy the book seems to be going.

Goddamn I miss Season 1's writing.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

grack posted:

Arya is not Jon's sister. They are cousins.

They don't know that.
As far as they're concerned they're half siblings

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I hadn't really thought about Dany being barren but it makes her entire life's goal even more meaningless and destructive, it's great how she's the real villain

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

In It For The Tank posted:

Goddamn I miss Season 1's writing.

It is reaaaaaaally obvious they're hacks when you rewatch.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mastershakeman posted:

I hadn't really thought about Dany being barren but it makes her entire life's goal even more meaningless and destructive, it's great how she's the real villain

Didn't Tyrion point out when they first met that there was honestly no reason for Dany to truck it to Westeros when she was functionally already queen of Slaver's Bay and beloved by the people?

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Dany is the villain without a doubt right now but are we supposed to see her as the villain?

Is there anyone rooting for Dany now? Beyond just wanting to see dragons? Is there anyone that actually sympathizes with her mission of starting a war and killing thousands just for the purpose of sitting her rear end on a throne? Her dad was king before she was born but she herself admits that her dad was cruel and evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hell, they're all so poorly written I'm just watching this for the sunk cost phallus now.

I just want to see a zombie giant step on some people.

• Locked thread