Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Show sucks so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Are you ready for Game of Thrones and NOTHING ELSE for 20 loving years

You have no choice!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Tits, Tits

Dragons, Dragons,

Fruit, Fruit!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shows also better than got: the expanse, black sails

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can you imagine being such poo poo gently caress hack writers that you cut 85% of what you're adapting to TV and still have poo poo filler plotlines and episodes

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

NomChompsky posted:

You like Black Sails lmao.

Black Sails is dope, suck my butt

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Thoros of Myr runs around with a flaming sword. Maybe Thoros dies/died off screen and now Beric is continuing the tradition for some reason whatever gently caress you flaming sword gently caress you dumbass

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
D&D desperately want lightsaber fights

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Characters are more consistent in the books than they are in the show. They don't suddenly just do something out of character because the plot calls for it, though to some degree that's just TV writing for you. I prefer the books by far but it seems like we're never getting any more of those so....

Not just more consistent but the motivations,actions, and events are clearly logical rather than just big dumb spectacles that happen for no reason/in a vacuum

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Gurm is working on exactly one book and its title is Wild Cards.

I only know one book in the store whose name is Wild Cards

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Jon poops on the floor

Crowd goes wild

RIP string belwas

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Whose ready for more badly written dumb schlock!!!!!!!

I'M

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shneak posted:

Why hasn't this poo poo leaked yet?

Guessing HBO trusts nobody and didn't screen for critics?

No review eps or screenings for critics/journos

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Tits, tits

Dragons, dragons

Plant, plant

They're the fuckin same

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
why are the show writers too much loving cowards to adapt characters as written like Euron

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Was Domnhall Gleeson a member of the Nice Lannister Soldiers?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i love this dumb gay schlock

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
but cersei we have no allies or food or soldiers and we're outnumbered and surrounded

*yaaaasssssss queeeeeeen slaaaaaaaaaaaaaay*

cersei we won everything wowe

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nail Rat posted:

Actually it wouldn't have had the same effect because there wouldn't have been the paranoia he would say something, leading to the assassin who was using Tyrion's dagger for reasons I'm still not sure of, leading to the House Stark vendetta against the Lannisters, etc.

He should have been killed by the fever or whatever after the failed assassination. That would've fit well with the bleak nature of the show too.

LITTLEFINGER GAVE HIS DAGGER TO THE ASSASSIN, SENT THE ASSASSIN, THEN LIED TO NED/CAT TO START CONFLICT WITH THE LANNISTERS

there

you needed some training wheels so I gave

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

banned from Starbucks posted:

I mean that used to not be a given with this series

The show is dumb schlock get used to it

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The dragon is gonna die off screen

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The only organized proletariat movement in the show is a bunch of really ignorant, regressive, homophobic religious nuts.

dammit Feels Villeneuve, ur making me :thunk: here

Nah that wasn't prole enough

Wights are the proletariat. White Walkers are the vanguard party

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that Jorah is still alive and that Dany obviously has given him an amnesty for his slave trading, she is not even the Lady of Bear Isles.

Who recognized the pardon

Nobody in power? Oh right more dumb fan stuff

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

GaussianCopula posted:

Sam will cure him next episode, no biggi.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Isn't it a widely known fact that Dragonstones like only export is dragonglass

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Glass candles are actually calcified dragon dong

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to end slavery and do literally nothing to build the ex slave class's power or kill the masters to ensure stability

Then I'll legalize slavery with contract law with a statute of frauds

Oh wait society is crumbling what I do wrong???

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

their new show sounds loving awful.

you can say that again

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I love how even if WoW comes out it just means another 5 year wait at minimum for A Dream of Spring. And that's a conservative estimate considering he's now taken 6 years to finish a book that's like 25% composed of poo poo that was already written and cut from the last book. And I'd bet my house that GRRM either officially gives up or dies before then.

He's already given up lmao

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
If you read the first word of every paragraph of wild cards then you'll see that twow has been out for years

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

I don't even remember what happened in the WoW teaser chapters that have been released other than that Sansa one that was good.

WoW gonna suck. Nothing will happen, and then GRRM will decide ADOS should be two books and then die.

The damphair chapter was rad fuk u

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Specifically Varys is a matrilineal Blackfyre like his dad was not BF but his mom was BF

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I unironically want to know if the Iron Bank has to cut their losses and write off Westeros or if they finally back someone who can mitigate their bad lending decisions.

The iron throne has more or less solidified as a permanent institution so the iron bank will be paid back in time. May take 1000 years but think of all that interest!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
HACKS

THEY'RE HACKS

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I bet it doesn't pan out in the end

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Either that or the show will loving suck lol

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Shelby Foote is a great military historian but is seriously lackluster when it comes to all the political events, which ultimately are infinitely more important to understanding the Civil War. He's also a borderline Lost Causer.

So this doesn't bode well.

The very fact that the CSA has somehow maintained parity with the Union in their universe does not bode well

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
What is the loving point of the wall if they're just gonna go around it

why don't they knock down the wall like whats going to happen in the books

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

The TV show is a better TV show than the books are books.

Especially since 2/5 of those books are A Feast For Crows and A Dance with Dragons.

there are a dozen better TV shows than GoT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

No poo poo.

lol if you fuckin troglodytes think GoT is the best show on TV or has been the best show on TV to this point then you deserve a thousand Bad Pooseh

• Locked thread