Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mouse Dresser posted:

Dragons can't melt valyrian steel beams.

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GaussianCopula posted:

I think there is a general consensus that Sons of Anarchy and Dexter had really bad final season - and I fear that Jon will have a Jax Teller ending.

He will ride a horse into a very badly green screened Night King who is driving a zombie dragon?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jon snow got them dumbass stark genes alright. maybe it only affects the men?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WampaLord posted:

"They" meaning people who had lived there or otherwise known that info about the castle. Sam, who has never been to Dragonstone before, did not know before he saw the info in the book.

Stannis knew there was Dragonglass mines, he just didn't give a gently caress.

plainswalker75 posted:

Didn't Stannis literally tell Sam directly there was dragonglass at Dragonstone?

yea Sam says "oh right Stannis told me about this lol"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WampaLord posted:

Oh son of a bitch, he contracted Oarscale!

and the only cure is Oarglass found on Oarstone island.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

You'd think after two weeks of pretending to be Walder Frey, and whatever time it took to infil and bake her pies beforehand, Arya might have learned her uncle nuncle is in the dungeon.

It will turn out to be just as important as when Tywin told Cersei that the Lannisters are broke
Or that the Iron Bank is owed a shitload of money from King's Landing
Or any other plot point that has been unceremoniously dropped

the writers are bad

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Dany is apparently a terrible ruler for trying to free the slaves and pissing off a bunch of lovely slave masters lol. She's like 20 or something bro she'll do a lot better with Tyrion next to her.

She's a poo poo ruler because she doesn't listen to her advisors. Tyrion barely convinced her to not to kill a shitload of people. But I'm sure Mereen is fine and super peaceful now that the she and the dragons are gone

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lycus posted:

Tycho is in several episodes this season.

Iron Bank on the Iron Throne. I can dig it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bbf2 posted:

When he confronted Balon on the bridge didn't Balon say that he looked exactly the same and hadn't aged a day since when he left 30 years ago? I think there's an implication that he is in his 50s/60s but he found some sort of foreign magic to make himself look young

He then forged that remaining magic into a powerful set of leather armor.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

she spent 6 seasons amassing a credible force to take the throne and we had to watch every agonizing second of it, from her sold off as a prize bride, to her stilted negotiations to steal an army of eunuchs, to her doing a terrible governance practice run in a city state that will never be mentioned again on the show, so on and so on every minute of it building up to the awesome moment where she finally inacts her plan and leverages her hard-won resources to kill the bad lannister lady. And now she's sitting on her goddamn hands.

we got trolled so bad, bad show fans.

obviously the best solution is to besiege king's landing for years and let all the peasants starve to death - dany, totally a good ruler(just ask mereen)

also a master strategy from tyrion to split your forces to take Casterly Rock because it will totes piss off Cersei :downs:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Euron owns. Cersei owns. Team Lannister came up the big wins. lol that they played Tyrion like a little bitch and now Dany is down to useless dothraki and 3 dragons.

Riotgrrill posted:

Hey sis wasn't the weather great the night you got raped?

That was loving hilarious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HannibalBarca posted:

I don't understand the Casterly Rock plan at all. Like if Euron's fleet was there the whole time why not just sink the Unsullied before they land? Also how was Euron able to get there so fast ah gently caress it

Team Lannisters probably thought it would be easier to let the Unsullied get owned by the castle defenses and then sink barely crewed boats. But idk why they would care about losing Ironborn raiders over Lannister soldiers if they just went ahead and engaged them all at sea.

But the writers probably don't care.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Supreme Allah posted:

Who cares who knows she did it, the more important question is who is going to do jack poo poo about it. Nobody

See also: Cersei not giving a gently caress about letting the help know about incest boning time

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Sam needs to invent a fidget spinner to cure him.

The scene with Jorah made it seem like he healed up and got all that scar tissue overnight, which I guess he did because the maesters were going to kick him out the next day. Maybe Jorah is Wolverine??? :tinfoil:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

are you people even serious anymore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Away all Goats posted:

Interesting theory about Daenerys = Azor Azhai

The gist of it is that Daenarys losing a naval battle/her naval commander and attacking Casterly Rock (whose house is a symbol of a lion) parallels Azor Ahai's first two attempts to temper his sword: first in water and then in the heart of a Lion.

It could be that Daenarys ends up losing what she truly loves and wants: the Throne, in order to beat the White Walkers.

This sounds like that retarded Arya Durden poo poo from last season

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

bloom posted:

It's pretty dang blurry. I'll have to rewatch the battle scene when it's out properly.

Shockingly though this episode was pretty good. Bran gets a wheelchair and doubles down on autism, and Jon finds some really convenient children of the forest graffiti, but apart from that it works. Danny does the only smart thing she's done by taking a dragon and the dothraki and mulching Jaime's army. Food is mentioned as a thing that actually matters for armies(then Danny burns all the food but hey at least they tried).

Bronn laughs at Dickon's name, further cementing his position as Best Character.

Olenna was right :911:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

drunken officeparty posted:

Why even ride a dragon at all. It's not like you are doing anything to control it up there.

Dany has to tell it to breath fire and look badass doing it or I guess it would just fly around and not do that?

Elotana posted:

The sparring session owns

Need a gif of Brienne booting the poo poo out of Arya

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What on Earth was the point of Qyburn hyping up the ballista when it ended up being totally worthless?

Imagine if he had more than one of them built. That dragon would've been dead

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

how come olenna didn't tell jaime littlefinger was part of the plot to kill joffrey. she told baelish she'd tell em if she was gonna die.

She's a gloryhog

or maybe she wants Littlefinger to keep loving with the Lannisters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

i81icu812 posted:

Euron:
* Removed a despot who initiated a failed military campaign that left the iron islands impoverished and without allies
* Took the throne in a democratic procedure, through the undisputed express will of the people
* Rebuilt the iron islands fleet thus restoring the isles political power and probably reinvigorating their economy
* Captured the daughter of the former despot who stole a national military assets and treasonously handed them to the enemies of kingdom
* Defended westeros against a foreign invader, the daughter of yet another tyrant whose cruelty and tyranny spawned a massive civil war and threw the entire continent into political turmoil for nearly two decades
* Brought to justice the outlaws who've murdered the ruler of dorne and his heir and an innocent little girl.

Euron is a goddamn hero of the people. The casting director and costume designers should be killed for failing to properly appreciate him.

Euron is the hero the people need.

I hope the show ends with him mounting the Iron Throne on his ship and sailing around doing pirate stuff.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

kater posted:

It's where the king landed.

Dragonstone?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TraderStav posted:

Destroy the supply lines.

It's not like she said she needed food to feed the Dothraki earlier this episode

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

OH MY loving GOD.

Tyrion and Varys STILL insist on the "No, kleesy, no use drgn plz" even after said dragons produce the first positive result in the war they have been loving up till now.

Can Tyrion just die already?

No you see the commonfolk would be upset if Dany took her 3 dragons and melted the Red Keep where Cersei and all the nobles are because

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lame Devil posted:

Best episode of the season, but why did Dany burn all the gold and food?

Tarly said the gold made it inside King's Landing.

She burned the food because she apparently forgot she was having trouble feeding the Dothraki, which she herself mentioned earlier in the episode(Dany dumb)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Krinkle posted:

I thought the spoilers said the dragon would die and turn into an iceball and yet it seems perfectly healthy to me. Also that it would be a lovely green dragon and not the big boy.

That's episode 6

efb

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

banned from Starbucks posted:

i like when the 200+ lb amazons swing was parried by the 90 lb girls stick thing then got up 2 sec after getting kicked directly in the chest without so much as getting winded because she swept the assassins guilds floor a lot

Hey that's not fair. The waif also beat the poo poo out of her with a stick for a while :v:

am0kgonzo posted:

The Brienne Arya sparring session was loving poo poo.

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

I think the groundwork has been laid pretty well for Jon/Dany to implement democratic reforms.

- Dany is barren, so the Targ line is dead as far as she knows, so why is she so dead-set on winning back the Iron Throne?
- Jon has seen how the free folk elect their leaders, and he has implemented free folk ideas since he got back from beyond the Wall.
- All the great houses are decimated, so opposition would be hampered.

That said, it seems like such an ending would be pandering to modern audiences.

Perfect set up for Tommen 2: Sweet Robin

Tossing people out of the moon door is replaced by roasting them alive with dragonfire. Or still tossing them out of the moon door and seeing if the dragons can eat them before they hit the ground.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

Dany and Jon share not quite 25% of their DNA so they're not even very good at this.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

In case anyone is wondering:

Dany and Jon are aunt/nephew - which isn't too bad in this world as far as incest goes. HOWEVER, Dany and Rhaegar were much more closely related than your average siblings.

Dany and Rhaegar's mother and father were both full siblings. Their grandfather and grandmother were ALSO full siblings. Meaning that Dany and Rhaegar were 87.5% relation compared to typical siblings of 50%.

This means that Jon and Dany are ~44% relation, closer to siblings than regular aunt / nephew at 25%.

:goonsay:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In It For The Tank posted:

This dream team wight hunting party could only be more fan servicey if Jamie and Bronn were somehow apart of it.

Brienne, Arya, Bran, Khal Drogo back from the dead and Gilly's baby.

The Dirty Dozen are formed!

e:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 14, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Cersei Lannister at the big zombie-war-council summit, regarding a single captive zombie:

"Oh, cool. Qyburn makes those, too. I don't see how this proves poo poo. You should really get around to housebreaking your zombie like I did with mine. BTW I poisoned u all LOL."

This would be a good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Constant posted:

man that looks dumb as hell

lezard_valeth posted:

At the very best case scenario (by the way the whole scene was shot with one WW having a Dragon Slayer spear at the ready) this somehow gives some credibility to the theory that everyone is not loving dead brain stupid and just gave the NK a way to break the wall, but rather it was all predestined to happen and that the NK was waiting there cause he has future sight powers like the 3 eyed raven.

Like you have to look really really hard for that silver lining.

he drat well better otherwise he should've ice speared jon snu and the other fuckers on the slowest rowboat ever in the hardholme episode

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lezard_valeth posted:

I. loving. HATE. ARYA.

Like please can't the NK just lob an ice spear over the wall and explode her?

arya is the worst

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Constant posted:

holy poo poo that bear

slain by a tiny dagger lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:rip: stream

lol that jon killed the white walker and every single zombie except 1 died. how fortuitous!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chadzok posted:

jesus christ the teleporting bullshit is just dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. loving dumb, jesus christ. I can't even enjoy the good bits of the show because it's just so poo poo.

This show now is literally like watching a list of bullet points that GRRM gave them. I would much rather be experiencing this in book format. Yes I know that will never happen.

Captain Splendid posted:

The whole first half was the fellowship exchanging banter in such a way that they wanted you to think they were going to die. That was pretty obvious.

And creepy Arya and the forced conflict was annoying.

But apart from that, noice.

Arya sucks and she is a bad actor

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

esperterra posted:

My big question is this: since it was clearly a trap and NK has some kind of foresight, why did he still let everyone live? Why did he kill airborne Viserion rather than grounded Drogon? If he needs a dragon to get past the wall he can get one and kill his main enemy all at once.

Unless he needs Jon or Dany for something else in the future? Was he scared that not letting them get away could lead to one of the remaining two dragons killing him?

hosed if I know. hosed if it will ever be explained.

the answer is bad writing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BoonyPC posted:

Yea he knows stuff, I mean he could have killed Jon a thousand times by now but leaves him alive.

He could have just annihilated everyone but they all stood around and watched, at least until they realised the water had frozen over again.

He knows what he is doing.

The Cylons Night King has a plan! :psylon:

I mean I'd love to believe he's playing some 4D chess or some poo poo, but I think deep down we all know it's bad writing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WampaLord posted:

HBO charges subscription money. Their ratings are all representative of paying customers directly giving HBO money. Thus, it's a bigger deal for them than a network show doing really well.

AMC shows The Walking Dead

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WampaLord posted:

Do you pay AMC directly to watch it?

It's a cable channel like HBO so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WampaLord posted:

No, it's not like HBO. You pay HBO directly, for AMC you're paying the cable company. AMC makes most of its money off selling advertising, not from subscription dollars.

esperterra posted:

It's basic cable, not at all like an HBO or Showtime.

:negative: I stand corrected

• Locked thread