Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Arglebargle III posted:

You know what's faster than a Gendry? A horse!

Gendry on a horse with a hammer, give us this you stupid show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

IT BURNS posted:

That's some Dark Tower level bullshit if the series ends where it began with a new Night King/army of White Walkers...

I said it before and I'll say it again: Littlefinger is The Man In Black

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you know what would have been cool? if the zombies had ignored Jon completely after he got out of the water, assuming he was one of them

i don't care if it makes sense, it would have been a killer final shot to show Jon marching south WITH the WWs, shambling

would have been better than Benjen Ex Machina

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'll be honest I can't really parse that post at all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The fact that Bronn gets a happy ending in those leaks makes me pretty sure they're fake. If he doesn't die a hero's death then his whole arc makes no sense.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Soul Glo posted:

Why do yall call Dany Kelly C

I thought it was a joke about Kelly Clarkson

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

i never understood growing a beard when you can't get full coverage

yeah it never looks good. at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah but we know so much about what HAS to happen that anyone could guess about the last season and get half the story beats right.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Constant posted:

So who did they cast to play Rhaegar? Supposedly theres gonna be the wedding flashback on Sunday when Bran and Sam meet at Winterfell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXlzSMTKhQ

this guy's accent is hilarious, i can't even figure out what it is

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

"This is more fake than my girlfriend"

new thread title please

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jon is definitely gonna die

Or live

Definitely one of those

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Iron Islands are the South Carolina of Westeros

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
dany has two emotes

Mad and Crazy Mad

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lol cersei is trump now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i bet next season has a scene where Jon literally says out loud "when you came to rescue me with your dragons, he was waiting for you" for all the people who saw the end of this episode and still are like "why'd they have those chains"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what downsides would there have been to dany just flaming cersei and euron? they even had bronn and pod specifically leave the scene so we wouldn't have lost anything good!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
like if dany just showed up at the palace and said "hey cersei's gone, me and my rent boy here are gonna rule now" i doubt anyone would have cared

you know what they say about king's landing folks, y'all change rulers more than you change your underwear!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i will say that after this episode i can almost believe the "euron is the final boss" spoiler

almost.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GobiasIndustries posted:

TBH I wouldn't even be mad at this. Have everyone get hosed up and dead and somehow beat winter and still have to beat a loving lunatic pirate. However, I think this post is putting more effort into the plot than the writers did the past few seasons so....

i still think it would have been way more interesting if ramsay hadn't died yet and he was the one allying with cersei. that guy was a way better villain. he had the crazy eyes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Tormund is def alive

He's too much of a fan fave to die offscreen

Plus his drat name is giants bane he is gonna fight and maybe be killed by a giant zombie

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

massive spider posted:

I presume she actually took Littlefingers "assume the worst possible motivation" speech to heart and applied it to him.

that's exactly what happened

goons bad at watching TV, film @ 11

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Brienne kills Cersei earning the title of Queenslayer

The rest, as they say... is her story.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
haha drat this is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a7reNuwFrU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Away all Goats posted:

Because Cersei was bluffing. Killing the only person she loves is the last thing she wants to do after losing the whole rest of her family.

Even so, the way it was written/filmed/shot made it super weird. How did the Mountain know she was bluffing?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYOkYquttQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZioX4y3f8E

A friend just sent me this and I'm laughing my rear end off watching The Tumblr Bar reacts to GoT

jesus these people are terrifically awful

thankin' you for that, :lol:

ahaha they're all drinking High Life

it's like 2005 died and rotted in there

precision fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 30, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish anything in life made me as excited as those people are pretending to be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bottom Liner posted:

They make more money from Youtube than from bar sales. That's loving insane.

oh my god when they talk it's even worse

and... "SJW-ettes"? really???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkxhPPlF-Ho

this is irony right

this has to be ironyborn

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
hold the front door, are there really two people named Aegon Targaryen in the show or is that a holdover from the books

i mean isn't it possible that Jon is the only Aegon in the show?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DrNutt posted:

My only hope is that the Daario stuff has a payoff when Euron tries to go to Essos to hire people to come fight Dany. All that time in Essos lost, like tears in the rain.

I mean isn't Cersei's plan explicitly to hire the mercs that Daario is the leader of? Why else specifically hire that group if it's not going to end up with Daario giving Jon the stink-eye across the field of battle or whatever

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hey idiots. I found it. The perfect mix of pathos and humor. Something that transcends genre. Truly the parody we all deserve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=366_NM97ovo

holy poo poo i love this so hard

it has like 1/10th the views of "tumblr retards overact for the camera while drinking lovely beer ironically"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wallet Inspector posted:

Daario is the head of the Second Sons in the show I'm pretty sure. Golden Company hasn't appeared yet.

D'oh, you're right.

This show causes brain damage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My inlaws have every season on blu-ray, I should rewatch the good seasons

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

R-Type posted:

I don't know why fatman can't sit back in his fatman chair and work with a couple of writers and get those drat books done.

Because he's already rich enough to afford to eat pizza and watch football all day every day and doesn't actually give much of a poo poo about the series anymore

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Talking of authors dying, Terry Pratchett left instructions for his hard drive to be destroyed by a steamroller when he died and his friends did indeed do it

Now that's classy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

this is loving fantastic

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lol :golfclap:

If the Night King does speak I hope all he says is "HELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

e: as i said in the other thread though yeah there isn't gonna be an "explanation" for the WWs. This isn't The Iron Dragon's Daughter.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can't think of any other piece of media that so many goons insist "is" good as some kind of objective truth like they do with GRRM's books. It's a weird hill to die on. In most threads, when people say "I don't like thing", everyone knows that's a personal preference. Any time someone says "The books are bad" there's a mad rush to post "actually, they're good". It's bizarre.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well I meant more the people who say "The books are bad, but I enjoy the show". And then people fly off the handle because they don't understand that it's possible to dislike a book for being poorly-written no matter how kickin' rad the plot in said book is.

For example, I loved the plot of Stephenson's Seveneves, but hated the dry technical-manual style of writing he tried in it. It's possible to dislike a book for the quality of the prose even if you like the plot, and vice versa. It seems to me that some goons defend the books solely on the events that happen in them and can't compute that it's possible to dislike the writing itself.

The door swings both ways, too. I mean, The Iron Dragon's Daughter is hands-down the best "fantasy" novel I've ever read - but it has almost no coherent plot until literally the last two pages out of 500-ish. But the writing sustains it for the crazy ride that it is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

It's almost like there are objective criteria on which you can evaluate the quality of a piece of creative writing or any other product of human labor.

But by those standards, GRRM is bad, not good. He's objectively a bad prose writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I wondered what you guys were kvetching about GURM's writing style (I'm on the second book, chewing threw them) and I came across this topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1k6s3j/spoilers_all_on_fat_pink_masts_or_why_a_certain/

Some point of view characters are just "worse" than others, I guess, and are harder to identify with for one reason or another.

Oh man this whole thing is a treasure trove:

quote:

Often times when a girl is good in bed and she has gotten passed the mental blocks (if there were any) to orgasm she does in one way or another transfer her existence to her naughty bits. I've had sex with girls that were too "in their heads" and with girls that "lost themselves" and every single time regardless of love or not the ones who could put aside everything and just focus on the pleasure and action were the best.

actually writing this up made me realize the similarities between Asha's ability to do that, and the way Jaime described being in a state of perfect action whilst fighting

there is not a big enough goonsay

• Locked thread