Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lastgirl posted:

*looks at suck zone*

ehhhh, i dont think they will

i think maybe that the American left could learn once they actually have an agenda and are coming from a place to actually function enough to do so

awful hard when they're busy idpol'ing and purity testing like a bunch o dobbers and want to lord moral superiority above all else, especially even when it comes to body counts in the middle east as a prop for their "my morals are actually good unlike yours" soapbox "so please look at the dead baby syrian pictures and FEEL something from it, you animal. loving pore over it and examine every gory detail to fully acknowledge the horrific event that transpired and make sure that your synapses record every single sound, sight, feeling, and smell to make it "a legitimate grievance as much as possible" and totally miss the trees for the forest as we move onto some other transitional topic in Leftist politics that fires the same synaptic impulse getting off on from dead baby syrians to flout my moral superiority once again as we debate why we're appropriating cultures and Economics is Racism and Racism is Economics quagmire forever.

Speaking of culture, thats the key difference to America and France innit. Americans don't realize how outspoken they really are so the constitution gave carte blanche to a bunch of assholes 200 years later to be even more so and adds to the fear and noise.

for the american "(center)left" h u b r i s is a bitch lmbo

they won't OP, yer wasting yer breath~

They actually do have an agenda though. The problem is it's the exact same as the right, except they want to be nicer about it. They don't have any actual solutions that their base wants, so they have to resort to infighting and purity tests.

We're stuck in the suck zone until 2018. If the center left cares more about suppressing what their constituents want than actually fighting the ghoulish poo poo republicans are passing, they're going to get rewarded for it by nobody coming out to vote for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Coolguye posted:

people care about that stuff a bit less in france (on average) but mostly macron hasn't been a bit of a creep for 3 decades the way hilary has so when people tried to reasonably point out he's super friendly with banks and probably doesn't give a crap about the common person, it didn't become a completely intractable talking point.

Also for whatever reason the French don't like fascists and were way more willing to hold their nose and vote for the centrist

It's going to be interesting to see if they're still willing to do so after the bankers try to gut their welfare state over the next five years

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Americans decided to go for instant gratification and have a greasy, hastily made fascist while it looks like the French are choosing to let theirs sit and age for five years so they get a more refined one

How very european

• Locked thread