Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I recently read Augustus, and just started this, so it really is interesting visiting the same time period at the beginning of this book with mostly the same story. I think one of the inconsistencies that surprised me was in Augustus, Julia hated Tiberius, but her father says she has to do her duty no matter how awful a person he is. In this book, Julia begs her father and maybe Livia, I forget, to have her marry Tiberius. it's Tiberius who wants nothing to do with her because he is happily married..Also, in this book it is never really mentioned how repulsive Octavius finds Tiberius and does everything in his power to find a different successor. Anyway, I am enjoying it a lot.

Edit: Also, great that in this book he gives a reason for Octavius not having kids with Livia which is absent from Augustus.

Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread