Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Electric Bugaloo posted:

He has the cheapest furniture possible- aside from what is probably a knockoff Eames molded chair- because all of his money is tied up in Supreme bullshit and the frame on the TV is maybe a step below having a shot from Scarface or Entourage up. I am second-hand embarrassed for this dude, which is to say that I’m first-hand embarrassed because he clearly isn’t capable of shame. The attempt at a “modern, clean, sleek” aesthetic is stymied by the world’s most generic big-box storage and media furniture, whose “equally at home in contemporary or traditional” design (complete with square wicker baskets) is made all the more obvious and glaring by all of the trendwhore hypebeast nonsense. You would think a photographer would have a much more developed sense of style.

This is why I posted it, articulated much better than I could have.

I have no idea what his work is like, he just mentioned that he's a shoe photographer in the title to premeptively justify his massive shoe collection. He also said he gets a lot of haters. If its just product photography, that isn't really art photography. It's definitely a practiced skill, don't get me wrong, but it's not like he's artsy. He's also incredidly vapid and shallow if he buys into that supreme poo poo and decorates his home with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm also not a fan of the most popular female option, where all desktops must be hidden in shame closets

What if the answer...is somewhere in the middle

what reddit is that

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Not to unfairly prejudge a guy’s work without seeing it but I don’t know many professional corporate/product photographers with “a lot of haters.” You sure he didn’t mean “Instagram poster” when he said “shoe photographer?” Maybe “lifestyle blogger” or “influencer” rather than “product photographer?”

Like you can totally be a product photographer and have a style with a lot of heavy personal flourish or even polarizing aesthetic, but I still have no clue how you land an army of haters that way. Is his portfolio just pictures of his apartment?

quote:

Always catch hate, but I do freelance photography on the side for a lot of streetwear brands + a sneaker guy.. still adding, but current office set up, that 100% works for me

making fun of eames chairs: I like eames big loungers and the molded plastic chairs, i just think reddits checklist obsession with stuff in general is funny. They idolise manliness and to them that chair is the peak of manliness SO YOU MUST HAVE IT. they also get incredibly spergy about cables and the need to have a rug. If you don't have an eames lounge chair and a rug and 0 cables and copious amounts of plants then your house is poo poo, but if you complete that checklist you could stack all of them upside down in a corner and they'd think its good.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 27, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Ideal for racquetball enthusiasts.

holy gently caress are they redditors
E: They called their kids Rafeti, Stellar and Aussie lmao

i dont mind the bunker but i wouldnt live there. would be cool as an albanian bunker hostel or something

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 5, 2018

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Facebook Aunt posted:

These can be pretty great if you find one to your taste. Wall words without words. Windows without windows.

looks like a kids room

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Thats a pretty roundabout about way to justify owning 4.5k in plywood and foam and judging anyone who gets a replica PRADA

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

there wolf posted:

I found it. The boob light to end all boob lights.

It even has a sort of skin texture if you get in close...

thats a bougie condom

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

vonnegutt posted:

I agree. I'm trying to find photos of homes similar to my own for color schemes, and a lot of the design blogs are super staged. As in, every item in the picture is decorative and there's no practical items in view anywhere. I'm going to have a TV and various consoles in my living room, what do I do with the wires? What about a clothes hamper in the bedrooms, or toiletries in the bath? Of course I will be keeping the ugliest necessaries out of view, but it would be nice to find a blog that didn't require hiding everything you actually use and then filling the empty space with sculptural vases full of lemons.

I've been moving my kitchen more and more towards a "every tool within reach" functional aesthetic and I've gotten complements on the design. As things break or get lost I've been replacing them with pieces that are more attractive, but usefulness is always going to be my overriding focus.

Buy pretty versions of the practical things. With wires just put them behind whatever is using them or alternatively get tunnels that run along the bottom of your walls or just leave them out but have them run tidily. Real life has wires, just browse some reddits about decorating and watch them sperg out whenever a wire is visible and youll get over it.

Half the battle is just getting a nice looking tv cabinet or whatever. If you arrange stuff on it tidily, it will look good. You dont want your house to look like a sterile magazine photo

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

vonnegutt posted:

That's what I feel is missing from design blogs - attractive homes where the humanity is on display, not hidden behind some Container Store frosted glass.

basically this

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Lol at prada slut railing against capitalism while owning a 3.5k lamp and posting from his 4k loungechair, proselytizing about wasting money and space on unnecessary purchases.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Just throw out all of your cherished belongings and live like me, emotionally attatched to my 3500 dollar light.

For a dude who doesnt shut up about minimalism and capitalism, you're really bad at it yourself

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I didnt waste space and money on mediocre disposable junk and got to see the world for a month for 2/3 the cost of pradas posting throne

Profound

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 20, 2019

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
you're better than everyone else on earth, until you're just as bad as the rest of us plebs, then its you do you bro

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Youth Decay posted:

Minimalist or maximalist, I think we can all agree that this modern industrial farmhouse bullshit is horrible.

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS A loving BARN DOOR?

The rusty shack siding look is in too, apparently

its so soulless, nobody would live in that, and be able to leave it like that. it has absolutely no personality, it feels like a committee spent several weeks debating the precise shade of grey in the art.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jan 25, 2019

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Haifisch posted:

Hello, I'm coming from the past to make fun of this $110 hamper that looks every bit as 'ugly' and utilitarian as the cheap plastic ones.

That hamper looks like it should be sold at Ikea for $20 and called IXKARPANT. I'd have no problem with it then, because its price would match its quality(and it's really not that ugly). Except Ikea actually sells a similar hamper for a whopping $8. It's simplistic, durable, colorful, and also reasonably priced. I'd rather have that if I was the type who wanted brightly colored laundry hampers.

I'm not bringing this up just to dunk on your choice of hamper, but to vent about one of my interior design pet peeves: The rung of decor and household stuff that's just enough steps above Ikea and Target to be markedly more expensive, but not enough steps above them to actually be a better-looking/functioning product. It's for people who want their home to be filled with status symbols, except they can't afford real status symbols and 99.9% of the people who look at their stuff can't tell the difference anyway.

I don't mind expensive things as long as there's some justification of why they're the price they are(durability, legitimately unique styling, high-quality materials, etc), but stuff like that hamper is just insulting to the consumer. It's generic furnishings with enough :words: attached to fool the buyer into believing it's actually unique high-end stuff. It's bullshit along the lines of "artisanal" food.

I know Design Within Reach is low-hanging fruit here, but seriously. Look at it. "Derived from simple geometric shapes, his Teema Dinnerware (1952) exemplifies the removal of superfluous ornament, functional yet sophisticated in how it meets every need, from preparing to serving, all the while marked by timeless beauty." sure is one way to say "it's a white bowl." That rug is several times more expensive than comparable artificial silk/wool rugs of the same size. That $150 plant holder is made of plastic.

Prada lives a minimalist life because that’s all he can afford & somehow rails on capitalism while buying poo poo like a 110 dollar loving laundry basket

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What statement does that art make

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

bEatmstrJ posted:

Now that you've all forgotten, I guess I can post these.

Your house is extremely gamer

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Uhhh I wanted to see the base painting that pic is edited from, its a beat master original and links back to his private social media

Prob remove it all you need to do to dox him is right click search by image

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 4, 2019

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Ive never ever been in a house with the toilet in the bathroom. Ensuites yes but never the main toilet. Its weird having to go through the bathroom to get to it, but its weirder having it in your bathroom at all.

What if you need to poo poo and someones in the shower? Going to the bathroom is a very american expression, the rest of the world says going to the toilet, because we dont poo poo where we clean

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I live in literally the poorest suburb of one of the cheapest cities in the country

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Enchanted Hat posted:

A no doubt 100% true statement.

different cultures value different things i guess, mine values showering without a whiff of poop

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

pzy posted:

Adam Carolla might like this bathroom, as this is his kitchen:

i mean yeah its red but its not GAMER without the dark grey

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Haifisch posted:

I wonder how much of that is because millennials realized they don't want or need that much space, and how much of that is because millennials can't afford giant houses(or any houses, if they live on the west coast).

all young adults used to be kids that grew up cleaning those cavernous homes every weekend

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Golbez posted:

One year in college my single-occupancy dorm room had only a sink, we had to go to a communal bathroom for a toilet. You bet your rear end I peed in that sink when it was 2am and I didn't feel like putting on shoes and clothes.

Or 2pm and I was lazy.

You wash your dishes in that sink?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
that rooftop softbox would be loving amazing for someone like her

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
do u reckon kim and kanye have his hers dunnies or do they share?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

actionjackson posted:

So basically re: wood furniture, you want something made in the US. Specifically North Carolina.

Here are office desks from a place that is based where I am (Twin Cities).

https://www.roomandboard.com/catalog/office/desks

Minimum for 60w is about 1100 or so.

I do like this desk/chair combo. Desk is 960 for 48w in cherry wood, chair is 800-850 depending on fabric.

thats a stupid price to pay for that desk

just go to ikea and get a butcher block, stain it however you like (danish oil is good poo poo). put whatever legs on it. like 300 bucks all inclusive for whats up to literally 3k on that site, and exactly as sturdy

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
put out some traps dang

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

BogDew posted:

I found a great one when looking through the rental markets.

Here's the exterior. This is a pretty typical apartment block in Melbourne. Inside you'll expect something with fittings from either the 50's or leftovers from the 90's dotted around and the walls painted white.

Not this place.

Yeah where to begin? I'm guessing it's meant to be some sort of Asian inspired styling but sort of looks like a bad take of Jabba the Hutt's lair.

I'm the little cupboards positioned at the ceiling. Unless they are hiding something like a power box.

This is the bedroom.

And the bathroom. Pink is the go-to for how hold your bathroom is as it was quite the design choice of the 50's. Just gussied up with some 90's tile flair and lots of wrought iron victoriania. Such as the oven being repurposed as a sink.

looks like a couple of olds owned this and went for the grey nomad caravan aesthetic a few years early

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Thats really cute

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Those sorts of shutters are just a thing in Australia. Idk why. Mostly old people have them. Its in victoria so its not for cyclones, our cyclones are all 2500km north of that house

E: and they are definitely old, they have a swingset in the yard for the grandkids, no way someones raising children in that home

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jun 20, 2019

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

luxury handset posted:

apologies if i've doxxed you

Ok no kid has ever slept in that room but that's a sick room for a kid (with different decor)

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Bluetooth doesn't really need to be ultra secure in its intended use, it's like complaining anyone with an IR remote can control your tv

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Jaded Burnout posted:

They can????

well yeah thats how those generic remotes worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

there wolf posted:

Thread's getting slow so it's time to go back to one of my favorite subjects - Otherwise normal houses that look like a drag queen's closet on the inside.

Normal house...

Purple Rain

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER

CLOCKS TICKING NOW JUST COUNT THE HOURS