Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Elendil004 posted:

On a side note, does anyone have experience venting two rooms with one exhaust fan? I imagine there has to be a baffle or something so that you don't blow from one room into the other.

You just put the exhaust fan further up the chain, like this:

https://www.familyhandyman.com/bathroom/exhaust-fan/use-an-in-line-fan-to-vent-two-bathrooms/view-all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

I found a wallpaper just for you:

I'm the Winchester Mystery House number of oddly placed staircases in that house.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Youth Decay posted:

AFTER

these stupid skinny wooden columns uggggghhh

You mean those stupid skinny pre-rusted steel columns?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

It even comes with a dramatic cliff for the final act.

Perfect for one of your kids drunk friends to try jumping into the pool from.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

Pfft, like they'd actually use their fireplace. :rolleyes:

Seriously, there's no fireplace tools next to it. That thing's been used exactly zero times.

Looks like it might be gas logs, so that would explain the lack of tools.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

Hobby Lobby for all of your "inspirational" and "quirky" signage needs. Etsy if you have more cash to waste on the same thing only "hand-made".

A lot of stuff on Etsy is "hand-made" in the sense that they ordered it in bulk direct from the same suppliers that Hobby Lobby uses.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

I like this. :shobon:

The phone can go though.

Replace it with a green Western Electric Model 554.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

Should be a desk phone I think, a green LM Ericsson Dialog.

Well, if you're going to go period correct, it'd have to be a Western Electric Model 500

Up until 1968, only AT&T supplied/leased phones could be hooked up to the telephone system, so that limits choice a bit.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Southern Heel posted:

Wife has asked if we can keep the smallest bedroom as a spare bedroom for guests and the mother in law. This means unless I want a transient working space around the house, I'm going to need to set up "my" space in the shed or garage. The latter is 5m x 3m of concrete block construction with a pitched tarpaper roof. It would need finishing, and whatever else needs to house a home gym and workbench/tools. It doesn't seem like it'd be a nice space to relax in.

The shed is 9' x 9' with a corner cut off for big glazed double doors. It as insulation and power. I can't help but think this would be nicer even if it's much smaller. I was hoping for a timeless dark wood/leather aesthetic but not only can I find any modest ideas, I can't find ANY small mancaves in that kind of space. Any thoughts?

http://www.fyi.tv/shows/he-shed-she-shed

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
https://www.facebook.com/redbull/videos/10159538721855352/

Turning the inside of a house into a skate park, and living there.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

... why is there an extension cord coming out of that fireplace?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Variable 5 posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on the Haiku Home fans? I mainly want something as silent as possible that will still move a bit of air. I know there have to be cheaper alternatives but I don't know where to find what's crap and not.

Honestly I think that Big rear end Fans is a perfectly acceptable brand for a home decor fan and am a little sad they decided to make a separate brand for their home items.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Power vacuum sanders are a thing, and take care of those types of wall/ceiling textures pretty well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHabrsZxghk

Now, the Festool Planex isn't something that's in most people's budget, but cheaper options exist.

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-6369-Variable-Drywall-Sander/dp/B01HRL9XYI/

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

n0tqu1tesane fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 24, 2017

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PRADA SLUT posted:

I don't mind this one too much. If you pulled up the carpet and put in some abstract furniture it would make a p. sweet "art" house. Some Verner Panton or similar would look ballin:

I keep wanting the chairs to puzzle piece into the thing with the bird on it, but it just won't work.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jaded Burnout posted:

I apologise for not answering the question you asked, but what's your reasoning behind the LED bulbs overheating where your existing bulbs don't? My understanding is that they should generate much *less* heat than an equivalent halogen or incandescent. Is it a built-in transformer thing?

I just touched the glass of one of my 240V AC LED bulbs which has been on all day and it was barely hot.

Halogens and incandescent bulbs can handle a lot more heat than the electronics in a lot of LED bulbs can handle.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

the popular kids posted:

I might be going with my parents to look at this house today.

I just really would love to see that bathroom in person.

That kitchen...

It's wood, wood, wood, BLACK HOLE KITCHEN, wood, wood, wood.

Also, why this diagonal transition strip along an otherwise uninterrupted (both layout direction and room-wise) floor?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

hailthefish posted:

Yeah, that one's actually kinda nice. I don't know if I'd want to poop in there every morning forever, it's kinda got a themed hotel vibe that would get a little weird after a while, but it's pleasant.

I dunno, there's a baseboard heater right next to the toilet, so it'd probably be a pretty comfortable poop on cold mornings.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SpartanIvy posted:

I paint all my fire extinguishers in a camo pattern. That way they match my RealTree® wallpaper

Why bother painting when you can just buy them that way?

http://www.amerex-fire.com/products/camo-units/

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Insulated blackout curtains or home theater blackout curtains are what you're looking for.

Or you could make a panel divider like they use in divisible conference rooms and fill it with rock wool.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I wish you could find red LEDs as standard low-light illumination these days. Just as useful for not breaking your neck, but they don't ruin your night vision or interfere with sleep! But no, everything's gotta be green or blue, including the light on my alarm clock so if I wake up in the middle of the night and want to know what time it is I get blasted in the face by short-wavelength photons.

These are great, but if it's something that I don't ever really need to see, like the "HD Video" light on my cable box, which is super bright blue, it gets electrical tape.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I thought that was a en suite dentist office at first.

Well, considering the intertwined history of dentistry and barbers...

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Barn doors are just pocket doors for people who are too lazy to tear out a wall to install them.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Imagine having to clean grease / fat / oil splatters off of it.

I feel like at some point people forgot the "form follows" part of the phrase.

Nah, you want the grease / fat / oil splatters on it. It'll help prevent it from rusting due to all the moist air rising off the cook top.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

What's up with this shower for midgets?

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Badger of Basra posted:

Are furniture designs copyrighted? I've been wondering why people don't just copy all his poo poo since it seems like that would get sold pretty quick!

Yes. Some companies, like Emeco, are pretty active in defending their designs.

https://www.dezeen.com/2015/03/25/i...stacking-chair/

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I've never quite seen a vacuum pattern in the carpet that illustrates exactly where everyone walks in that room so definitively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

Grimey Drawer

TofuDiva posted:

I think it's a square grand piano

Yeah, it's a square grand piano.

My wife's family has one, and I looked into getting it tuned at one point, and most tuners won't touch them. There are a few specialized places that do work on them, but it's not cheap. They're all 100+ years old at this point and there's quite a lot that needs replacing if you want to get an old one into playable condition.