Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

That stuff is neat but I really don't like this bathroom. I don't know what exactly it is--maybe the floating sink or the blinding white--but it looks soulless to me, like it belongs in a trendy urban boutique hotel and not a home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
No, love should be the guy in the bear costume

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Why does the pantry door have a keypad lock on it?

Because writing "not a murder dungeon" on the door would have been a giveaway

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The intersecting layers of trim at the door frame by the light switch bugs the hell out of me.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
smh at you people who can't keep your feces inside the bathtub

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

there wolf posted:

Toilet tax

That's not how you poo poo in a shoe

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I keep getting these ads for machine-washable area rugs (I think Ruggable is one brand). I'm moving to a house with almost all hardwood and have little kids and a dog so the idea is pretty tempting. Is anyone here familiar with those, in terms of like... quality, I guess?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

honda whisperer posted:

Also why the gently caress is there a post in front of the garage door?

:justpost:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

The tile work on the side walls of that spa makes me want to punch somebody.

The builder just forgot to put the mouse over it and press comma or period.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The saddest thing about my new old house is there's nowhere appropriate for a library rolling ladder.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

In case of emergency, please follow the escape route under the couch

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
What's the best way to level bookcases in a room that has a majorly sloping floor? (I'm 90% sure the house isn't falling apart, it's just funky and old.)

I've got one small bookcase with a solid bottom, and two barrister bookcases with legs. One is an heirloom. It seems like installing adjustable feet is the way to go but is there maybe a less destructive option before I start drilling into antiques?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Snowy posted:

Are honeycomb blinds like this any good?

https://www.selectblinds.com/cellular-shades.html

I need to get some window coverings for a new apartment but I don’t keep up with that kind of thing so all I’ve seen lately is from ikea.

E- I like that the honeycomb blinds open at the top or bottom, I would definitely use that top opening.

Honeycomb blinds are good but try the samples. My wife and I hated the ones from that site.

E: Not to totally dissuade you from that site. The samples are free so there's no harm in having a look-see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The Minions Go to Jail