Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus loving christ

yeah what's the problem? abortion is critical to both women's liberation and workers liberation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

indigi posted:

tbh the bodily autonomy line of argument never sat well with me. it’s good to restrict people’s bodily autonomy at times, such as temporary involuntary psychiatric commitment or making bicyclists wear a helmet

there’s better ways to argue for legal abortion I think. like castle doctrine, which is similar to but not quite the same as bodily autonomy

e: and of course in both cases I’m assuming the acceptance that a fetus is a human simply for the sake of argument

the real argument is and always has been that abortion is absolutely necessary for female humans to have full and equal human rights under the material realities of capitalism. but like with everything in American politics you never lead with your real argument

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

ikanreed posted:

I can not think of a more boomer rear end take. What's broken generation

They have energy right to brag about beating Apartheid yet for some mysterious reason they forget about that one.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is the same mental process that leads libertarians to celebrate robust child markets and whatever

Some combination of ideological rigidity, inability to understand right and wrong without resorting to an ideological rubric, and unstated weird personal sexual hang-ups

They're lacking the concept of "power imbalance" from their ideology, probably bc they want to frame sex work as inherently consensual

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Truga posted:

straight women are just fine though right?

jesus christ lol

Straight women were obstenibly the liberatory subject of Radical Feminism

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

edit:double post

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

they very explicitly don't use modern day firearms, you have to go to the armies composed of subhumans who exist to get slaughtered for those

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Jose posted:

this whole thread has tons of stuff suitable for this thread but i don't want to spoil the ending. he does start ranking various artistic version of jesus on a 1/10 of how likely they looked like jesus scale before then though

https://twitter.com/PhysiognomyDan/status/1530891534316584962?s=20&t=nmpvW77tmGrXI-GAXjudKw
https://twitter.com/PhysiognomyDan/status/1530892192893521920?s=20&t=nmpvW77tmGrXI-GAXjudKw
That first pic is two dudes in one, neat!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_Pantocrator#/media/File%3AComposite_christ_pantocrator.png

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

"I shoot deer to feed my family. I only go on elaborate week long hunting trips because I can't afford to eat steak for breakfast lunch and dinner on my Lower Upper Middle Class salary"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

what happened is they switched from TERFs to TELFs (they both suck) the second they got mainstream press with Rowling

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

He is still a Materialist and I suppose that's too close for some folks to tell the difference

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

yeah probably, white people not having babies is a big loving deal for a certain segment of the population

That's more or less a smokescreen meant to motivate useful idiots on the right. What they really want is for poor people to have more unplanned pregnancies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_army_of_labour

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Trixie Hardcore posted:

When they did a refit to Pirates of the Caribbean that added like ten Jack Sparrow animatronics to the ride I knew what it meant to be exiled from God’s grace.

supposedly they took them away but that was before he "won"

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I saw a liberal person on facebook posting a screencap from Twitter about that new Chinese train could take people from New York to Chicago in 2.5 hours "with no airport hassle"

The airport hassle is a problem we could get rid of way easier than building a high speed train. We could chuck the pointless security theater tomorrow. We could do all kinds of things to make flying suck less

It's classic centrist liberal MSNBC viewer bullshit where they don't even notice the obvious poo poo they're ignoring

the airport hassle is having to put the airport 40 min outside the city center and the resulting sprawl it creates

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

what happens when it floods?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

pygmy tyrant posted:

yeah but most remote areas aren't built in places with inherent ventilation issues

It probably hasn't killed anyone yet so hot takes inside the thread. still seems like a bad idea to me!

Cappadocia is well ventilated (for livestock)I don't imagine this would be much different

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

If palace Eunuchs are enough to disqualify China, Persia and the Ottomans from "inventing, upholding and defending" the gender binary then we can extend the same grace to Catholic countries with their Castrati

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Kim Ill Sung from the front: Nice Handsome hero :)

Kim Ill Sung from the back: Dark Lord of the Wasting Lands

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

do they realize that they would be allowed to keep the castles and other tourist attractions without a living monrch? They can even keep the parades if they want

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

A Buttery Pastry posted:

plane travel should be as uncomfortable as possible, to discourage it as much as possible. ideally people would just get strapped in standing up, squished together as tightly as possible, with a mechanism for shaking them a little to prevent blood clots or whatever.

Obviously the solution here is to make the trains sexy

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

idk what she's talking about

I'd smash

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

World War Mammories posted:

I don't know what you mean by "pro gun" but marx said “Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary” and I assume he knew what he was talking about

If you are a revolutionary you don't need or want the governments permission to have guns.

In the American context the proliferation of guns means their concentration in the hands of the petite bourgeoisie

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Red and Black posted:

https://twitter.com/XanderhalTV/status/1595262986255405058

these two tweets in succession are incredible content

that avatar is not doing them any favors on either count

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

chili can also be eaten from cups if you dont have any bowls, few are willing to acknowledge this

you eat chili straight the can it comes in ???

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

VitalSigns posted:

I like that making food for your neighbors is ableist because they might have allergies or texture issues and not be able to eat it, but also toning down the spice for strangers if you don't know how much they can tolerate is racist or something.

They couldn't even stick to one narrative about food sensitivity because they also couldn't resist virtue signaling about how much spice they can eat

the virtue ethics of spice is really mind blowing. Theyve resorted to becoming like Crusader Kings who boast about how much Cumin they can import from Grand Cathay

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Weka posted:

So cinnamon is a south Asian spice, cumin is an east Asian one?

idk where different spices come from but I do know that one tweet about colonizing the world for spices has set Popular History back decades

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Also, the reason he was addicted in the first place is that he was self-perscribing, which is extremely not allowed... and his specialty is, supposedly, addiction. It's like an oncologist who specializes in lung cancer going, "Welp, I'm off the clock, time to chain smoke four packs and then breathe in a bunch of asbestos."

Jorpy wasn't abuse drugs in his role as a headshrinker he was abusing them in his role as a c list celebrity

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Lib and let die posted:

it's a hospital, they have access to benzos

the real kingpins are the people who work in the pharmacy

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I don't know what you're talking about but I work around doctors and they have a fake persona they put on when with patients and then talk poo poo behind your back. I thought this was common knowledge but I guess not.

where I would work I would assume the doctors real persona only comes out at home with their immigrant family

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

hmmm everybody hates Karens untill it's their turn in the hospital bed

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah they're called welfare queens
and union members

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's the benches and all the idolatry making christian men soft!

they need to remove the knee rests

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Used to work with a guy who wouldn’t go to half the restaurants around where we worked because they were too soft and feminine, never understood it

Disdained for Modern Farmhouse is just this same impulse rebranded for Bernie Bros

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Endman posted:

My wife and I aren’t having children, so it’s nice to know we’re also bringing about the downfall of white civilisation as an added bonus

How dare you balk at the cost of paying your own replacement in the labor market.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

HootTheOwl posted:

Because if you ever admit the answer is "no one can afford it" then the whole ideology crumbles.

you can afford it if you accept the psychological wage of religion and/or racism instead of cash

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Kitfox88 posted:

The shake machines are subcontracted to a company that makes mcd franchises pay big bucks to have a guy come push the reset button when it breaks lmao

I saw that guy once it felt like seeing bigfoot

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

YaketySass posted:

Some of the radfems' key figures were very Catholic (Janice Raymond in particular was a nun) and brought with them the obsession with purity into their new ideology.

what radical movement isn't interested in purity?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

VitalSigns posted:

Since you pay for their lives you can just add the cost of your time to the itemized bill you present them with when they turn 18

no you got it wrong that bill goes to their first employer to reimburse you for raising the next crop of wagies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Orange Devil posted:

It also specifically means "I created a world and populated it with monsters with no care whatsoever as to the PCs current abilities" so if they take a wrong turn somewhere they'll run into a lvl 15 monster with their lvl 2 PCs and get wiped and I'll tell them it's their own fault.

the players. if he has any are into it because they're grogs too