Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i know this isn't a games forum but then again, this game is on a computer and it has you utilise steam power which is about as advanced as the people in this forum so

anyway this is the first game i have played in years that i can see is a horrible influence in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
looks fun op

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

pram posted:

looks fun op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
last night i made a self sufficient coal mining thing hwhwhwhwh

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i've heard good things op and it looks neat but might be too spergy even for me idk

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i wouldn't worry too much about that, playing this goddamn time vampire is guaranteed to boost your sperg levels to new heights

god help you if you start playing with mods

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
its a really good game, brent

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

sort of looks like a funy computer breadboard

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

also pls enjoy this funny image i found right below that pic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i've heard good things op and it looks neat but might be too spergy even for me idk

ahaha well if u want to sperg at it you certainly can but i'm more of a wing it and make it work kinda guy

believe me it's fun as gently caress. they should have a free demo with the first couple tutorial levels coz every man and his dog would buy a copy

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

factorio is good, i just finished the rocket and satellite last night

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mad Wack posted:

holy gently caress that's a million times more complex than the poo poo i have built

but funnily enough i don't see it being difficult to get there, everything is built bit by bit and doesn't get hard to follow

i'm wholly opposed to reading about efficient designs tho- i have fun making a mess

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Mad Wack posted:

lol you call that a green circuits factory? i call that radioshack electronic learning lab

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

echinopsis posted:

ahaha well if u want to sperg at it you certainly can but i'm more of a wing it and make it work kinda guy

believe me it's fun as gently caress. they should have a free demo with the first couple tutorial levels coz every man and his dog would buy a copy

on sandbox with the regular settings it is very forgiving. it is very hard to gently caress yourself, and if you do gently caress yourself, welp just means you have to play more.

it's worthwhile to watch a tips video, so you can learn basic ratios and keyboard commands the game doesn't teach you.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

i like abusing logistics bots, seeing thousands of little bots flying around delivering stuff is great

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its a good game, you shoudl play with friends!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I like to listen to podcasts while I play minecraft

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I also like to grow crops in stardew valley

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I also like to grow crops in stardew valley

http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/994/

quote:

This mod currently adds in cannabis seeds which can be grown in to weed and be sold. Currently the seeds must be spawned in using CJB Item Spawner, I am working on resolving this. Features I am working on right now are the ability to use it as an ingredient for baking, an npc that buys and sells seeds and other related items, the ability for it to be crafted in to a joint and be smoked, and effects of said smoking. Updates will be posted in the coming days and weeks.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i dont give a poo poo op

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
this game is a memetic time-wasting weapon

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice
one time i played until 5am then my brain woke up unprompted after 2 hours desperate to play more

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its like a video game

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody posted:

i dont give a poo poo op

mate but u should

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
i agree with the cautionary posts itt lol but yeah its really fun to have a zillion drones

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
factoriowns

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 12:02 on May 11, 2017

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

play the current patch, 15.x, it owns bones

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

this game is a memetic time-wasting weapon

It's also fun. :ssh:

Mad Wack posted:

You can build a turing-complete computer in factorio, which is probably someone's idea of having fun.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

ultravoices posted:

play the current patch, 15.x, it owns bones

hella this

that looks like a super old version if it still has items pushing off the end of belts. you're gonna be amazed at all the quality-of-life improvements and stuff.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Jabor posted:

hella this

that looks like a super old version if it still has items pushing off the end of belts. you're gonna be amazed at all the quality-of-life improvements and stuff.

just being able to blueprint from the zoomed in 'm' is worth it.

i haven't even gotten to nukes or fluid wagons or other new stuff in my current game, but just the rework of tier 3 science packs ingredients and oil processing being less of a bear was like warm bath

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

just realized i'm still on an older version too, is the version 15 beta only?

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Apocadall posted:

just realized i'm still on an older version too, is the version 15 beta only?

yeah for now. you need to fiddle a setting in steam to opt into the beta version.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this is one of those games like spacechem that i'm pretty sure i'm too dumb to play

the new zelda owns megabones, though and i'm having a complete blast playing

folks have been saying it's better than horizon zero dawn but they're different styles of games, the only common factor is that they're open world

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
i hope all this gaming doesnt impede upon you're sexy-time, OP

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've lost two months of my life to the new zelda and it just never ends

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

GameCube posted:

i've lost two months of my life to the new zelda and it just never ends

its good

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

its too good. it needs to be made illegal, for the benefit of society

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

like last night i had to do something at night and instead of just building a fire and skipping to nighttime, i waited 5 real-world minutes, because i wanted to watch the sun set over the ocean. it was worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

GameCube posted:

its too good. it needs to be made illegal, for the benefit of society

before i got my switch i asked my friend if he would replay botw because he'd been playing it for over a month

he goes "i haven't even finished it yet" :pwn:

• Locked thread