Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Troposphere posted:

cool! cool poo poo! love these comics for children!

What is that? a poor man's Watchmen fanfic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

every time I think "i'm going to get into comics", something happens. Either I read a ridiculous loving panel from the silver age or some cheesy grimdark poo poo that should only appeal to a certain kind of angsty 13 year old and I just think, naaah.

One time I went to north carolina to visit some friends and take a week of class at their wackadoo bible school. One of the 6 men i shared a doube-wide with in the hills of north carolina was way into planet hulk, he was in his early 30s, and after dinner every night he would read a page and go "HAHA OH WOW..." and then relay the full page of events, not even paraphrasing but painstakingly explaining every frame without really ever letting anyone actually look at the book.

So i've never even read a comic that didn't come bundled with a video game box set.

Is there a reason to try and get into the medium at 27 or is this something you have to grow up reading to like?

• Locked thread