Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Casimir Radon posted:

I like how they're still jerking off over how edgy The Killing Joke is, 28 years later. Unable to move on for the entire time I've been alive.

if i ever meet grant morrison i'm going to pretend i think he wrote killing joke and gush over how much i love it and see if i can make him cry a little

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Jukeboxblues posted:

(I'm 23 but my mom says I have an old soul simply because I am quite was and refined as a person. I believe this is most likely due to some sort of anomaly within my genes leaving me with an overdeveloped mind)

sorry but this should be on every page

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

speaking of terrible people in comics named miller what's mark millar been up to lately

'THIS IS THE FACE I MAKE WHEN I gently caress YOU IN THE rear end' - eminem, wanted

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

Man, the comic scene in the 90's was so different from now.

DC was kicking rear end, running fantastic Batman arcs like... The Long Halloween....

long halloween was kinda cool but almost entirely because of tim sale's art, it's been ages since i've read it but doesn't the conclusion kind of totally forget to solve a couple of the murders?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Surprised nobody posted this yet

It's okay, her mom says she has an old soul simply because she is quite was and refined as a person. I believe this is most likely due to some sort of anomaly within her genes leaving her with an overdeveloped mind.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

scuba school sucks posted:

I did, and I was like, what the gently caress was going on here? Apparently I didn't smoke enough drugs to understand it? Like the alligator from Kelly's Pogo came to Earth and lamented that even here, disgusting monkey beings consumed the flesh of other animals, then he tried to bring the gospel of universal love to a group of actual Earth alligators and they ate him because alligators give no fucks if you're a talking cartoon animal, what the gently caress ever, you're made of meat, chomp chomp. Wile E Coyote came in as a guest star to say, yeah it's really not that funny when I get run over by a steamroller cause that poo poo fuckin HURTS.

hi you're describing alan moore's run on swamp thing and not morrison's run on animal man and i already made the joke about confusing moore and morrison earlier in the thread please do try and keep up

moore = MURDER DEATH RAPE, can't get enough of that MURDER DEATH RAPE btw MEAT IS MURDER and also DEATH RAPE
morrison = it's okay that a psychic vampire from beyond the universe is eating all of reality because talking animals in capes are going to sing him to death. remember when comics were fun and goofy and not about murder and death and rape all the time?!

e: i've never read animal man, is it good (insomuch as a comic book can be "good")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

frank miller is an idiot crazy person but i think that just kinda follows when you write a character as dumb as batman for that long

i like batman stuff but he's genuinely the worst character in anything ever and miller's all star batman and robin was a masterpiece for bringing it to its logical conclusion and making people with comic book tattoos really really angry

• Locked thread