Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

poo poo like identity crisis makes for unreadable and unfun comics. I don't want to read comics where the supporting female characters are raped and murdered as a plot device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Then don't? I wasn't aware anyone was forcing you to read anything you didn't want to read.

Yeah the problem with that is if people don't buy the comics with your favorite characters, the publishers eventually can't publish comics with your favorite characters. I mean gently caress superhero comics readers but it's kind of dumb if the reason they're getting hosed is because the publishers are really stupid and publish obviously terrible comics that should have been killed when an editor heard the pitch. "Hey you know the beloved supporting characters Ralph and Sue Dibny? What if Sue was raped and then she gets murdered while pregnant?" should have been rejected immediately.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

In your opinion.

this motherfucker is the worst poster in gbs

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Umm... What the gently caress Batman?

Emergency tracheotomy.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

seriously judging by the stuff discussed in this thread they might as well just let fans write the storylines

They basically do, that's why DC reverted all its characters back to the 'original' version over the previous decade. The people who grew up reading comics wanted to write comics with the particular version they grew up with.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jukebox Hero posted:

I'm fine with anything as long as we cut Zack Snyder's hands off and tongue out so he can never direct another movie about heroes destroying property and screaming about how they don't owe anyone anything

Don't you see the poetry at work? Batman's mom had the same name as Superman's mom. It's the perfect work.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

How do you play the guitar with boxing gloves on? Is that Strong Bad?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

Comics is still at best a "my guy is better than yours" bullshit fest

Sometimes it's just, "all these guys are poo poo, why are you paying money to read this poo poo?" especially if it's a Mark Miller comic.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

gnarlyhotep posted:

so, totally worthless in some cases, you're saying

Naw, sometimes there's a kernel of a good idea in there and some better writer can salvage something from it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

Remember Fables? lol

I think I read like thirty issues of Fables. I couldn't tell you what happened in any of them to save my life, and I don't want to read them again to find out.

If this is the GBS bitch about bad comics thread, is Morning Glories still going? They had to hire loving historian to write three pages of research at the back of each issue just to unravel the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

lmao, I would love to see the president snort lines of coke then proclaim, "poo poo, I'm the fuckin' president" in a DC movie.

So is there some sort of reasonable explanation why Superman is obsessed with Lois Lane? Spider-Man loved Mary Jane, but they've had their ups and downs and have dated other people like a normal couple. Superman is creepily attached to Lois when he could have any woman in the world, and honestly she seems like the kind of girl that doesn't stay with one guy for long.

Lois is the only woman who doesn't put up with Clark's bullshit.

• Locked thread