Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

ERROR NOT A DC COMIC INVALID ENTRY

*Spergs out frantically*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
drat, I haven't seen a Santa Claus as badass as that since Love Sausage kicked the poo poo out of Stormfront.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Grant Morrison is a genius

Everyone should read his run on Animal Man.

I did, and I was like, what the gently caress was going on here? Apparently I didn't smoke enough drugs to understand it? Like the alligator from Kelly's Pogo came to Earth and lamented that even here, disgusting monkey beings consumed the flesh of other animals, then he tried to bring the gospel of universal love to a group of actual Earth alligators and they ate him because alligators give no fucks if you're a talking cartoon animal, what the gently caress ever, you're made of meat, chomp chomp. Wile E Coyote came in as a guest star to say, yeah it's really not that funny when I get run over by a steamroller cause that poo poo fuckin HURTS.

And the title character was like come on Grant Morrison goddamn I know DC is all dark and gritty these days but I really loved my family so did you just HAVE to have them gruesomely murdered to reboot a dark and gritty new chapter in the life of DC's ANIMAL MAN? And Grant Morrison was like sorry dude I didn't really think about the feelings of a guy who's just drawings on a piece of paper but since you're a person too even though you're just a drawing of a person I'll take it back and draw you happy in the loving embrace of your newly resurrected family and gently caress the DC editorial mandate and Animal Man was like thanks bro.

That book should come with like a pound of weed so you can get twisted enough to understand it.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Just saw King Arthur in theaters. Man that was more of a Robin Hood movie than a King Arthur movie. Goose Fat Bill and Wet Stick Roger aren't friggin Knights of the Round, they're the Merry Men. Guy Ritchie's The Rogues of Sherwood. More CGI than Avatar and more slow-mo than 300 and Dredd put together. Also, no joke, (and somebody else on the Internet has probably already said this) but the main bad guy that the good guy had a climactic battle sequence with at the end of the movie? LITERALLY the dude off the Molly Hatchet album cover.

So what I'm saying is they need to make a lot more album covers into movies. This could be the next big thing after the ongoing fifteen year "comic book movie" fad dies off.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Also Gnarly if you don't knock it off with the awful hateful things you're saying about comic books I'm gonna start seriousposting about BvS and I don't think ANYBODY wants that.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Where are you in Injustice? Let us know when you tap out.

(Props to Snyder for insinuating in BvS that the Injustice Universe is next door to the DC Cinematic Universe. The balls on that guy.)

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Batman's dream sequence where Superman goes punching through people's chests and burning them alive with his heat vision, like in Injustice. Just one little push, take Lois away from Superman and he will turn into the red-glowing-eyed self-proclaimed alien tyrant from Injustice. Of course this is all a dream, but then a few seconds later in another "dream" the Flash explicitly confirms it. He straight up says, "Fear him! You've always been right about him!"

Henry Cavill is NOT Injustice Supes. But he really is the Joker's famous "one bad day" away from being that guy.

(I warned you Gnarly.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

Please, if being on the spectrum gave you powers I'd be like some kind of knock-off secondrate Marvel version of Green Lantern. Just flying around the universe burning the smug smiley on the moon of Viltrum, giving Galactus the ol' Cosmic Cockpunch...

• Locked thread