Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015

Troposphere posted:

no he got really sad and then he was murdered too

wasn't there also a part where he kept trying to kill himself and it didn't work or something? or was that plastic man? they both had some stupidly dark plots, jesus christ
plastic man also had an illegitimate son or something lmao
ted kord was my favourite character :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015

Troposphere posted:

ted kord ruled and when he was killed that is when I stopped reading comics

haven't gone back, no regrets

literally same :tipshat: they brought him back a couple of times but they're not as good as the JLI comics. he was the best

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

If you missed the Booster Gold series about him coming to terms with Ted's death, you done messed up.

i read this but it was depressing as hell :rip:
maxwell lord was a significantly better character when he was just a lovely incompetent business man, the minute dc decided he was some master villain was when I stopped caring
instead of doing all these grimdark movies they should make a tv show for justice league international that's basically just the office :colbert:

TOO MANY GOBLINS
May 31, 2015

Lodin posted:

But really, this is what we all want on the silver screen.

This is what I was saying earlier in the thread. The JLI comics could make a great comic book movie, I think it could be DC's Guardians of the Galaxy. It'd be even better if they let it take place in the past, too. Set it in the middle of the 80s and fill it with cheesy music and worse outfits.
The weird shopping channel plot with the villain Manga Khan was loving hilarious and would be awesome on the big screen, it's really stupid but still quite grand scale.
Or when he comes back "Formerly Known as the Justice League" with an army of robots that Booster Good pushes over. :allears:
There's also a plot in those ones where a network of villains kidnap and mind control a bunch of superheroes so they can put them in an underground fight club against each other, where they bet on it and tally everyone's stats and poo poo. That would be a great premise for a longer plot.
Fuckin hire me DC :colbert:

• Locked thread