Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I liked that one cartoon movie where it was an alternate universe and batman's dad was batman and he just shot people with a gun.

edit: I would like to see that in a live action thing that would be pretty cool I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

Don't forget that Identify Crisis also showed that they also hosed with Batman. He walks in just as they mind wiping Dr. Light and freaks out over how wrong it was so what do they do? They mind wipe him too. They then spin this as to why Batman is so distrusting of everyone and why he always kept a file on how to defeat each member of the JLA "just in case".

That's Flashpoint and DadBatMan is currently part of this whole Rebirth mess with the Watchmen

I'm sorry that your yet unformed prefrontal cortex fails to see the reason as to why that's so deeply profound (Batdad (as I call him) using a gun). You see the main flaw with Batman as a character is that whilst he says he never kills anyone, by not killing the bad guys he is allowing innocent people to die. You see, once you have achieved mental maturity (I'm 23 but my mom says I have an old soul simply because I am quite was and refined as a person. I believe this is most likely due to some sort of anomaly within my genes leaving me with an overdeveloped mind), you can clearly see that by not killing people such as The Joker, Bane, Killer Croc etc you are doing more harm than good. You imprison them all within the same institute allowing them to plot and "team up" when they would have otherwise never have met (see the myriad of articles about why prison actually makes you a better criminal).

Additionally, this forces the writers to become lazy due to having characters cycle in and out based off of whatever is hot right now. It fails to drive the story and lore of batman and instead makes it stagnate like the marshes of Florida (where I am originally from actually). Its dull, repetitive and frankly naive to have no real stakes for either side. The worst that can happen is the badguy is put into jail (or as I call it "The Out-of-ideas vault") or batman has to get a new Robin (and seriously who even cares about him). What comic book writing truly needs is more of this "grit" and "realism" to truly raise comic books from the sidewalk of art to the height of culture and reflection.

Final point: Batdad is where the Batman series really needs to go, for not only does he have an awesome beard which reflects his internal conflicts, but makes him more relatable as a character.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Here I made a picture illustrating my point. If you can't come at me with cold hard logic as to why this is a bad thing then please stop trying to discuss comic books, you're embarrassing yourself and the community.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

punisher should kill batman

maybe if the flash runs really fast (???) they can fuse together and they can have double guns for extra shooting.

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Does DC have a ripoff Blade? That would be p dope.

• Locked thread