Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Don't forget that Identify Crisis also showed that they also hosed with Batman. He walks in just as they mind wiping Dr. Light and freaks out over how wrong it was so what do they do? They mind wipe him too. They then spin this as to why Batman is so distrusting of everyone and why he always kept a file on how to defeat each member of the JLA "just in case".

Jukeboxblues posted:

I liked that one cartoon movie where it was an alternate universe and batman's dad was batman and he just shot people with a gun.

edit: I would like to see that in a live action thing that would be pretty cool I guess.

That's Flashpoint and DadBatMan is currently part of this whole Rebirth mess with the Watchmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

GeneX posted:

Someone explain what the gently caress is even going on in the DC comics main plotline right now

The last thing I knew about was that everyone was being turned into super powered zombies and then green lantern became god or something like that

Reverse-Flash changed history to prevent the formation of the Justice League which creates the Flashpoint universe that creates BatDad (Thomas Wanye). Things happen, people battle, millions die so Barry runs fast to fix time and this causes the DC, Vertigo, and Wildstorm universes to merge, creating the rebooted New 52 universe.

Then things start to happen (lovely sales) so the original Wally West (Kid Flash) starts appearing from the Speed Force but no one remembers him. Barry suddenly does which is enough to pull Wally out of the Speed Force and back into current reality. Wally (I think) then alludes to something that has taken 10 years away from every and this "something" is a certain Dr. Manhattan.

Somehow The Comedian's blood stained button (Y'know, the Watchman logo) shows up in the Batcave and Batman and Flash go hopping around and meet BatDad.

Also Superman and Lois have a kid but new 52 Superman died for "reasons" and I have no idea which one is the real one now.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

Wait, they're bringing Watchmen into the main DC continuity? That's like making Hot Shots! canon with Top Gun.

e: Bad example, that would be fantastic. But you get the idea.

Yes.

http://watchmen.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Rebirth

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

Jesus Christ, I'm not reading that. Can they not make comics for people who just want to see Batman punch the Joker?

Which one? There are three of them now running around.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Rutibex posted:

how did Beast from the xmen get into an Avengers comic?

He left the X-Men a long time ago and was a member of the Defenders and eventually the Avengers. Pretty much everyone has been a member of the Avengers at some point. He didn't get involved with the X-men again until they formed X-Factor along with the original 5 (Cyclops, Jean, Iceman and Angel)

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Batmoil

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Arsenal loving sucks and it's hilarious how they keep trying to bring him back and it's awful every single time.

Him and Donna Troy. No one has any clue what to do with. Kinda like Guy Gardner in the 90s

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Letting fans write comics is a big reason why comics suck so bad.

That, and letting characters keep going for 70+ years with tons of different writers and editors instead of just having things end.

quote:

There will be DC characters throughout this, but this focuses in on only a handful. There is a lot of focus on Superman, and Doctor Manhattan. Doctor Manhattan is a huge focus, and his reasons for being here, and doing what he does, ultimately have to do with Superman. And there are many, many more characters to be involved, but it is a bit early to discuss."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This would be a good post credits scene

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

a bone to pick posted:

lmao, I would love to see the president snort lines of coke then proclaim, "poo poo, I'm the fuckin' president" in a DC movie.

So is there some sort of reasonable explanation why Superman is obsessed with Lois Lane? Spider-Man loved Mary Jane, but they've had their ups and downs and have dated other people like a normal couple. Superman is creepily attached to Lois when he could have any woman in the world, and honestly she seems like the kind of girl that doesn't stay with one guy for long.

He was schtupping Wonder Woman but they just retconned all that out.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

New52 Superman and Wonder Woman had a thing going for quite a while. But now New52 Superman is dead and the Pre-Flashpoint Superman is now the main Superman in the DCU who happens to have a son with Lois Lane.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Howd he die this time

He finds that he has a new power where he can expel all of his stored up solar energy at once which he does to stave off an attack on Earth. While he's powerless he finds out that he's dying and asks WW and Batman to help him find a replacement. He slowly gets his powers back but when some "Energy Superman" is blowing Earth up so Superman grabs him, flies into space and kills him using a solar blast. This drains Superman of all his power and his falls back to earth.

As he's dying someone known as "Black Superman" offers to take up the mantle but this is actually the Post Crisis Kal-El we've always known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Speaking of fan stuff, JL8 would make a great Lego Batman-type movie.

This reminds me of that Gotham High show that almost got made.

http://comicsalliance.com/the-gotham-high-animated-series-that-never-was/

• Locked thread