Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

This is the plot for a stoner comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Troposphere posted:

thanks dc really cool thing to put in your comics for children

Jesus christ what the gently caress :crossarms:

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

This was the issue where Lex Luthor did ayahuasca. Good times.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

lol where is this from?

Also I can't believe no one has mentioned superdickery.com yet, which has tons of this stuff

Their newest image is about some super villain who loves cocaine. I'd post it but I'm on my phone.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

I'm the tubular spacial.

There's a paperback collection version of Stardust and it rules.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

skasion posted:

There's now two of them, actually! Fletcher Hanks is amazing, his works sum up basically everything stupid and insane about superhero comics ad absurdum, with a complete lack of self awareness, right in the foundational years of the medium before any modern revisionist took ironic issue with the idea of godlike manchildren dealing ghoulish death to petty crooks.

It also has the first female superhero

Hahahaha sweet I'll have to check that out; ty

But yeah superdickery.com is full of this sorta stuff

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

wow they really gave her sexist storylines back in the day, especially the cringey time they made her "secretary" for the justice league

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Troposphere posted:

audience tastes and wants: seeing a beloved character get brutally raped and then murdered when she's pregnant

comic fans loving suck, identity crisis was garbage and so are you

she has a good point here

I hate it when good characters have terrible poo poo happen to them and they're killed off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

Jukeboxblues posted:

I'm sorry that your yet unformed prefrontal cortex fails to see the reason as to why that's so deeply profound (Batdad (as I call him) using a gun). You see the main flaw with Batman as a character is that whilst he says he never kills anyone, by not killing the bad guys he is allowing innocent people to die. You see, once you have achieved mental maturity (I'm 23 but my mom says I have an old soul simply because I am quite was and refined as a person. I believe this is most likely due to some sort of anomaly within my genes leaving me with an overdeveloped mind), you can clearly see that by not killing people such as The Joker, Bane, Killer Croc etc you are doing more harm than good. You imprison them all within the same institute allowing them to plot and "team up" when they would have otherwise never have met (see the myriad of articles about why prison actually makes you a better criminal).

Additionally, this forces the writers to become lazy due to having characters cycle in and out based off of whatever is hot right now. It fails to drive the story and lore of batman and instead makes it stagnate like the marshes of Florida (where I am originally from actually). Its dull, repetitive and frankly naive to have no real stakes for either side. The worst that can happen is the badguy is put into jail (or as I call it "The Out-of-ideas vault") or batman has to get a new Robin (and seriously who even cares about him). What comic book writing truly needs is more of this "grit" and "realism" to truly raise comic books from the sidewalk of art to the height of culture and reflection.

Final point: Batdad is where the Batman series really needs to go, for not only does he have an awesome beard which reflects his internal conflicts, but makes him more relatable as a character.

this is the smuggest post that I have seen on these fora in some time

lmao

• Locked thread