Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

xposting from the historicals thread

Geisladisk posted:

I noticed something while setting up my oath shot. Pendraken's 10mm Tigers are way, way too big. In real life, Panzer IVs were just a little shorter than Tigers. The scale is way off, the Tigers are way too big - And this seems to affect all their Tiger variants. Their Tiger II and Jagdtiger are the same giant size.

It hurts. I can't even look at them now without my inner grog trembling in agony. :froggonk:

Pendraken bad :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Tekopo posted:

There is no one that invested in Scum, I'm sorry. I've heard the above many times but I think it's a myth. I think the more likely story is that it just wasn't seen during playtesting.

That J2K build relied on a interaction between two upgrade cards, R4 Agromech and Deadeye, which had been in game forever and had both been considered pretty useless until that point. Plus, at that point in the game, the notion that torpedoes could actually be good was downright absurd to most people, as they had been hot garbage since wave 1. In other words, it required assembling three awful things and putting them on this entirely new ship to create something broken.

It's a combo that feels blindingly obvious once it has dominated your meta for months, but it's totally understandable that playtesting didn't catch it.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Plus the notion of people being invested in certain X-Wing factions doesn't really add up, since X-Wing's upgrade model forces you to buy one of everything to get the upgrades you need. It's not like Warhammer or whatever where you are heavily invested in one or maybe two factions, since owning all the stuff is a prerequisite to playing the game competitively anyway. :toot:

• Locked thread