Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
*buys the child toys and video games*

*plays with them more than they do*

Space Taxi fucked around with this message at 07:12 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
*groundfloors Snapchat, Tinder, and Tidal accounts week of child's birth

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

*Child idolizes Gen X*

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 20, 2017

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

my 20yo friend banged a chick one night in denmark while she was with a boyfriend then brought her back to australia immediately then his doctor parents paid for them to have some sort of spiritual asian wedding in thailand 3 weeks later.

they're seperating now, it's been 3 months

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Space Taxi posted:

Kid shows a talent for sports.

Parent is deeply ashamed.

You laugh, but that's literally how one of my friends is raising his poo poo kids. They're loving awful, spend all of their time with some kind of screen in front of their face, and are actively discouraged from doing anything sport-like. Their only reading materials are comic books and video game dialogue.
The older one was getting bullied for being a giant loving pussy (he's the pussiest pussy to ever puss a puss- can only eat bland food, scared of everything, gets picked on by his 5 year old brother, just awful), and my friend insisted his kid do everything except stand up for himself. Run and find a teacher, cower in a corner, loving whatever doesn't result in a confrontation. It's weird, because we were active and weren't bullied in school, but now it's like all aspects of manhood have become anathema to them.

He's in his mid-30s, and his older kid is almost 10, so it's not strictly a new millennial thing. It's bad, but it's a very good case study in how not to raise children.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

BLARGHLE posted:

You laugh, but that's literally how one of my friends is raising his poo poo kids. They're loving awful, spend all of their time with some kind of screen in front of their face, and are actively discouraged from doing anything sport-like. Their only reading materials are comic books and video game dialogue.
The older one was getting bullied for being a giant loving pussy (he's the pussiest pussy to ever puss a puss- can only eat bland food, scared of everything, gets picked on by his 5 year old brother, just awful), and my friend insisted his kid do everything except stand up for himself. Run and find a teacher, cower in a corner, loving whatever doesn't result in a confrontation. It's weird, because we were active and weren't bullied in school, but now it's like all aspects of manhood have become anathema to them.

He's in his mid-30s, and his older kid is almost 10, so it's not strictly a new millennial thing. It's bad, but it's a very good case study in how not to raise children.

On the plus side, the kids will learn the cardinal rule of schools/prisons when they call on a teacher for help: Snitches get stitches.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
The kid is going to end up living in a beige apartment with his pet axolotl and shrewish defacto wife. Or snap and shank his tormentor in the last semester of twelfth grade with a sharpened pair of safety scissors, have an epiphany during his short stay in jail, sever contact with his parents and become a millennial hating juiced up body builder with a damaged Pitbull-cross who unconditionally loves him for who he is.

I hope for his sake it's the latter.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

*buys matching romper*

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
*supervises all of child's activities into high school, has to know where they are 24/7 until adulthood*

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/701103245176008704

https://twitter.com/LAiiLAii_/status/479160797017694208

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 25, 2017

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Well, I'm certainly not going to Wal-Mart or any other big retailers for anything.

*goes bankrupt and wonders why*

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Peetown Manning posted:

*is actively trying to make son/daughter homosexual

If you can think of a better way to prevent teen pregnancy, I'd like to hear it :colbert:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Little Jayden is allergic to microaggressions.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Child grows up thinking it's celiac, hits 14 not knowing what real bread tastes like.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sorry we're vegan and gluten free so my little isn't allowed to have pizza at the birthday party. I packed him a cheeseless, cauliflower crust personal pizza to have while the other kids eat their pizza

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"Honey, we better remodel the basement. After all, little Jai'dan will be living with us until he's 35!"

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Sorry we're vegan and gluten free so my little isn't allowed to have pizza at the birthday party. I packed him a cheeseless, cauliflower crust personal pizza to have while the other kids eat their pizza

My yuppie cousin actually did this, except it was a gluten-free cake instead.

He is also part of the anti-vax squad, as all yuppie Australian city dwellers must.

EDIT: Oddly, a trait they share with our Centrelink-dwelling bogans.

Sic Semper Goon fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 25, 2017

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
looks like my daughter's headed off to soccer practice. Say bye to my daughter Twitch chat!

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

BLARGHLE posted:

lol at a goon calling a child a pussy and blaming them for their own bullying.

afeelgoodpoop fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 25, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

BLARGHLE posted:

When I was in junior high almost 15 years ago my dad would have been in his late 30s and he actively discouraged me from ever standing up for myself. I was just supposed to be quiet and never talk back, or go to teachers, or fight because his paranoid rear end was genuinely worried that junior high bullies would "fire bomb the house." And I mean discouraged in the yelling and getting beat way.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

54 40 or gently caress posted:

my little isn't allowed to have pizza

why, why do people do this "my little" schtick

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://twitter.com/LAiiLAii_/status/479160797017694208

Not at all setting your child up for isolation and social awkwardness...

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kecske posted:

Who even liked being called things like that as a kid?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Sic Semper Goon posted:

My yuppie cousin actually did this, except it was a gluten-free cake instead.

He is also part of the anti-vax squad, as all yuppie Australian city dwellers must.

EDIT: Oddly, a trait they share with our Centrelink-dwelling bogans.

Of all the poo poo that stupid parents do, I draw the absolute line at anti-vaxxers. Like I am laughing because I can identify with a handful of the stuff posted here but my kid is getting his first round of shots right on time. You could unschool your vegan toddler with minimal screen time and share it all on their personal instagram but vaccinate your goddamn children.

kecske posted:

I don't know. I'm just busy figuring out if my mommy blog should be like the perfect wondermom type or the sarcastic wine mom type

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěili🥰kdy nm Pn Bůh🙌🏻zdrav d💪?

BLARGHLE posted:

You laugh, but that's literally how one of my friends is raising his poo poo kids.

I have friends sort of like this. Their kids aren't lovely or anything, but they coincidentally like every nerd thing he likes. They watch anime with them, take them to conventions, etc. To a certain extent it's inevitable as parents are the main adults in a kid's life so of course their likes and dislikes will inform the kid's, but I think there should be a limit so that the kid can more easily find the things they like themselves without having to feel like they're "betraying" their parents.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Len posted:

When I was in junior high almost 15 years ago my dad would have been in his late 30s and he actively discouraged me from ever standing up for myself. I was just supposed to be quiet and never talk back, or go to teachers, or fight because his paranoid rear end was genuinely worried that junior high bullies would "fire bomb the house." And I mean discouraged in the yelling and getting beat way.

Haha wacky

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Len posted:

Stick him in the shittiest of nursing homes and beat him if he complains at all, "I learnt it from you Dad!!"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"I'm not going to police my child's sex life." says the millennial parent, letting his teenage son gently caress girls in the house.

*Son gets girl pregnant, she moves in with them and the couple contribute nothing in the household*

*15 years later* "I'm not going to police my grandchild's sex life."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

*tries open parenting like their open marriage*

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I've heard of it takes a village but that's just crazy!

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Literally A Person posted:

*raises child in Foucault-ian pan-optihell*

There actually was an episode of that UK home makeover show Grand Designs where some bitch designed her house based on the panopticon, and she said that was the intent.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
It takes a village of Lazy millennials to raise a Pnurtis.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I am literally never going to talk to or look at him, I refuse to raise a snowflake

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

"No Jayden those are your father's toys"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"Now that you're sixteen you're old enough to handle more mature toys"
*Hands son anatomically correct My Little Pony plushie"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

chumbler posted:

*tries open parenting like their open marriage*

Coming this fall to CBS...Mom and Dad & Dad and Mom and Mommy

a Chuck Lorre production

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
a new iphone? you say your friend made you drop it? well i suppose you cant be held accountable for that, or anything

why not! we're already in debt and i've happily accepted the situation and do not have the mind nor the skills for a revolution! put it on my visa!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Coming this fall to CBS...Mom and Dad & Dad and Mom and Mommy

a Chuck Lorre production

"Arent you going to punish me?"

"Im not your dad, kid, I just gently caress your mom"

Laugh track

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Speedboat Jones posted:

There actually was an episode of that UK home makeover show Grand Designs where some bitch designed her house based on the panopticon, and she said that was the intent.

I wonder if she knew what she was saying? That is, the actual context of her statement in relation to, you know, every foundational work about prisons.

God, I hope she works in marketing/advertising.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
*gives son hormones because he played with a kitchen set*

*lets son choose his girl name*

*starts consulting doctors to get his penis cut off*

say how progressive they are to friends and friends give out appropriate virtue

• Locked thread