Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
*doesn't send kids to daycare because other kids are bad influences*

*lets them do whatever on youtube/twitch*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Chomp8645 posted:

No joke my coworker's sister is going through a divorce and one of the things that sparked it was when their young daughter said something about her "other daddy" in front of both her parents. Apparently real dad already suspected mom was cheating and the kid refused to say anymore when pressed so he took it as stone cold evidence.

Turns out "other daddy" is some youtube guy who makes videos with his kids and this girl (a six year old) watches him all the time and thinks of him as her "other daddy".

Now her parents are getting divorced lmao thanks Youtube!

Jesus. We should tattoo people like that like they did in the old days. CPS comes by, takes the kids and brands their foreheads. Only instead of "horse thief" or w/e it's "drat fine parenting!" If we're gonna let kids do whatever on the internet, let's go full Snow Crash with it.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Imagine if Venus and Serena's dad had been really in to MMA instead.

He'd probably be a duo with Joe Rogan by now.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Charming. An argument for vocels.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"We put Jai'dyyyn in the centrifuge twice a day."

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Rutibex posted:

i just got one of these for dear little Hayden, for the vitamins

I refuse to believe I live on this planet where this is a real thing.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

etalian posted:

*Buys only child 1001 different types of toys*

*Gets 6 year old child a iphone 7*

Not having kids, I still don't understand this one. Is it about them fitting in with peers who also have phones - expensive ones, too - or is it just some kind of Helicopter-Parent tracking device for their purposes?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Like, holy poo poo. I would not let a six year old just get on the internet unsupervised. Jesus loving hell in a hand grenade.

Literally A Person posted:

Both, and an alternative to Thorazine.
I hate this planet sometimes.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Yes, it's a $7 GI Joe.

If you look at toys' prices now versus around 20 years ago it's pretty ridiculous. Action figures selling for like 16 bux plus tax? I wouldn't have had many action figures as a kid.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Marketing people know millennial parents will buy them so they can secretly collect in the guise of buying presents for their children.

:monocle: hooooolyyy poo poo that's exactly what I would do!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Took Fenix to the craft brewery for this awesome folk set. Had some great local craft brews with choice eats. Smoked sriracha maple bacon with local micro greens on a toasted peasant bread bun. Off to my shantala infant massage class all, namaste :)

*breaks in to your home and kills you before debating whether to smother the seed or give it to a pack of wolves, perchance to be raised feral*

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

*has nervous breakdown when child is 18 and expects parent to pay for all necessary life expenses because un-school was unaccredited and was in no way a pipeline to a college or trade school*

Time to join the church/army!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

B. Birdsworth posted:

Not to rag on "massage therapists" who practice on literal babies but after polling my half-dozen friends who are pediatricians, literally not one of them thinks this is an actual serious problem. Neglect is one thing, but not doing tummy time isn't going to result in "massive developmental delay" unless there are other problems going on.

e:
*Attempts to calm a squalling 4 year old at the office by reasoning with him and explaining the rationale behind vaccines, while the nurse waits stoically for several minutes with the MMR shot.*

Why would you need a massage if you haven't even developed muscles :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
*kid never gets to ride in the back of the truck*

• Locked thread