Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

** SUCCESSFUL GOON PROJECT **

Several goons (and maybe not goons) have created a little art magazine, a spiritual successor to the previous Dorkroom zine "Reciprocal Failure." We're selling it online, in a limited edition run of 200. We're "funding" it 30 days in advance or until it sells out before we print it and ship it all.

quote:

Various Small Failures is a zine featuring a collection of photographs from international photographers. These photographs have been carefully arranged into miniature narratives, spread across two pages each, by curator Tham Jing Wen.
Each double page spread aims to tell a brief narrative through careful placement and arrangement of the included photographs. The zine is 74 pages long and contains the photographic work by 31 contributors, which have in turn been masterfully woven through 37 of these self-contained photographic adventures. Printed on 80# matte paper with saddle-stitch binding, this is a masterfully crafted photobook containing some of the finest works by a variety of established contemporary photographers.

The photographers in this zine are:
Alex Josephson
Benjamin Gibb
Bryn Tassell
Christopher Wimbrow
Connor West
Daniel Delidjakov
Devin Connor
Devin Lunsford
Devin Wilson
Douglas Tiedt
Edmond Lu
Glenn Nielson
Lucas DeShazer
Isaac Sachs
James Kullmann
Jason Andrescavage
Jason Leane
John Floren
Justin Ollevier
Manuel Van Dyck
Máté Nagy
Matthew Ribkoff
Michael Garbutt
Nate Bolinger
Niamh O'Donovan
Rob Wissmann
Simon Deadman
Tham Jing Wen
Tim James
Tom Olson
Trevor Zuliani

Feel free to support your fellow goons in taking pictures of parking lots, toilets, and raccoons. Or don't, whatever.

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

It is truly beautiful. I have pledged my support and am eager to have finally had the joy of spending more money on shipping than on the actual product.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

here's a video of me eating a burrito on top of a copy

here's a picture of a copy under a urinal

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Awwwyeah it's finally here :unsmigghh:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What kind of burrito was it.

this is important.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

iSheep posted:

What kind of burrito was it.

this is important.

Art burrito

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Whoa I just slammed that buy button real hard

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Is anyone getting one to the UK? We should order together so the postage doesn't hurt so much.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I've seen the proof print, it's real good (despite the presence of one of my photos)

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What goons are in it? I recognise Alkanphel, you AA, Garbo and Deaders

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

underage at the vape shop posted:

What goons are in it? I recognise Alkanphel, you AA, Garbo and Deaders

You're in it. In fact all the photos are of you.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

8th-snype posted:

You're in it. In fact all the photos are of you.

A model failure is still modelling

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I recognise more but I only know those 4 by their real names

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I recognise more but I only know those 4 by their real names
it's all goons

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ansel autisms posted:

it's all goons

Who is who though

E: I bought one too

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 16:47 on May 14, 2017

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Looks very cool, I'm in for one

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Out of respect for the lives of real adults we're not gonna link usernames to real names here. If anyone's interested in exposing themselves they're welcome to pull back the veil.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I'm weedlord bonerhitler irl

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ansel autisms posted:

Out of respect for the lives of real adults we're not gonna link usernames to real names here. If anyone's interested in exposing themselves they're welcome to pull back the veil.

Fair enough. I bought it.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

ansel autisms posted:

That being said, if anyone really wants to know, a few minutes trawling any of the picture threads for Flickr shares will provide you with a whole bunch of real names attached to forum handles.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I mostly just wanted to be able to put people on here with pictures in the book but yeah true.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

I mostly just wanted to be able to put people on here with pictures in the book but yeah true.

That will be indicated in the zine, though you may still have to do a little bit of guessing.

Primo Itch
Nov 4, 2006
I confessed a horrible secret for this account!
Was there a thread? I was in Reciprocal Failure and I am sad I missed trying for this one :(

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Primo Itch posted:

Was there a thread? I was in Reciprocal Failure and I am sad I missed trying for this one :(

No, this wasn't organized on the forums.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

MrBlandAverage posted:

No, this wasn't organized on the forums.

that's probably why it actually happened

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dakana posted:

that's probably why it actually happened

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Missed the last one so bought this hard. Nice work pulling off a successful 2-phase goon project!

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Bought one - special request to have the one that was on the bathroom floor please.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
jokes on you they have all been on the bathroom floor

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

It's like reverse russian roulette, one of them hasn't

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I heard we developed new piss based ink technology just for this zine. Congrats to the piss scientists slaving away all day at the piss lab.

Breadnought
Aug 25, 2009

I just bought one, but if you offered a special edition with included archival piss prints I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

:siren: Zine purchasing window closes next Monday - please order if you want one and haven't done so already! :siren:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Last fuckin' chance to order nerds.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
Whoa! So glad to see this post, I totally forgot. Ordered!

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ordered just under the wire.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Orders closed, print run beginning soon! Thanks everyone.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
18 american dollars of toilet paper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ship the zine

• Locked thread