Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

axolotl farmer posted:

I used to really care about mp3s, ripping my own CDs with EAC and encoding with LAME VBR.

now I don't :colbert:

poo poo remember EACs and posting the log file to what.cd to prove that you had a 100% perfect FLAC

and pimping your foobar2000 setup to have lyrics and album art and poo poo

i probably have 200GB or something of mp3s and some FLAC that haven't been opened for like 6 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

cool you can pull up this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90UjN98yzxc

and then replace DMX with HDR

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

HDR

BRIGHT OR DIE

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

lol if you run a vacuum ever

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pagancow posted:

HDR

BRIGHT OR DIE

this is the audio codec thread, try to stay on topic

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

spankmeister posted:

this is the audio codec thread, try to stay on topic

MQA

MEANINGLESS ULTRASONIC DATA FOR OLD RICH TWEAKOS OR DIE

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
listen to kdhx. you never know what you are going to get, but you might get something good.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

monkey's audio > ***

gimme dat .ape

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

qirex posted:

MQA

MEANINGLESS ULTRASONIC DATA FOR OLD RICH TWEAKOS OR DIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOwqyWdsWrE

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

power botton posted:

monkey's audio > ***

gimme dat .ape

ityool 2015 i actually downloaded from soulseek an album encoded with monkey's audio. couldn't find it anywhere else

had to get a plugin for foobar to transcode it to something useful, lol. still have the original .ape file as a digital conversation piece or something

anyone here weird enough to use musepack?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I think i have finally found my father, thank you so much

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I visited my friend's uncle's place over the weekend in East Bay.

he had a 'hi-fi' listening room with magnets on top of all the components, including the $20 USB SD card reader

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

SO DEMANDING posted:

ityool 2015 i actually downloaded from soulseek an album encoded with monkey's audio. couldn't find it anywhere else

had to get a plugin for foobar to transcode it to something useful, lol. still have the original .ape file as a digital conversation piece or something

anyone here weird enough to use musepack?

Back in the day I encoded some stuff in musepack to play around with. Couldn't tell the difference with lame V0. Everything supports mp3 and nothing supports musepack so the choice was simple.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jimmy Carter posted:

I visited my friend's uncle's place over the weekend in East Bay.

he had a 'hi-fi' listening room with magnets on top of all the components, including the $20 USB SD card reader

did it at least sound good? most of those dudes usually have a quality system buried under all the useless garbage

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

~Coxy posted:

how did they record audio before the 1970s?

like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q-scxybnp0

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

aw c'mon, if you're any kind of an audio nerd that video was a pro click. they got these old new in box RCA ribbon mics and original studio equipment from the 50s including a r2r deck the size of a washing machine. interesting stuff, you should check it out

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

pap schmear posted:

interesting stuff

hard disagree

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

pap schmear posted:

aw c'mon, if you're any kind of an audio nerd that video was a pro click. they got these old new in box RCA ribbon mics and original studio equipment from the 50s including a r2r deck the size of a washing machine. interesting stuff, you should check it out

i watched it OP

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

pap schmear posted:

Okay fine you need some validation. Yes the video was interesting. The engineer guy kept repeating himself though that was annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

RISCy Business posted:

hard disagree

it was interesting watching english people cosplay

• Locked thread