Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm loving this game way more than the UT alpha so far. Honestly I could keep playing ranger forever, telefragging people is fuckin awesome.

I've had some good games too, there must be a bunch of arena virgins playing because I'm actually winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

why wouldn't they be?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spider wisdom posted:

Play IG with strogg, press F, collect SUKA BLYATS

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Avenging Dentist posted:

As long as they add the only character that matters (Orbb), I'm happy.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

One of the top pubg streamers put a video on YouTube of him playing it, that probably helped as well

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Xenaero posted:

Doomguy is the only character I'll use ever.

Because it's Doomguy.

yeah I keep getting tempted to buy the champion pack, but then I remember I'm only a couple daily quests away from having doomguy

also double jump just seems huge in this game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm in Texas and I definitely get matched up with Russians. I wait between 1 and 2 minutes usually.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

welp, I got the cacodemon hat for doom slayer in a loot box. guess I'm in this game for the long haul

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

This game is so good, and honestly I've only seen a couple toxic players in unranked FFA.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

treat posted:

I completely understand the toxic players. I go into a blind rage after every match when I'm pulled right out of my bloodlusting man murdering spree and forced to sit in timeout for several minutes. All of this pointless downtime is making me mad at video games.

Ranked? I played probably a dozen games back to back last night with less than a minute between them in unranked solo NA.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

garbage UIs are par for the course these days, just look at fuckin battlefield. even TF2 has a bunch of busy bullshit now

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah, I'm not good by any means, but I can at least make the podium consistently. I look at the bottom of the scoreboard and see people like 10-45 and wonder how they keep playing lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

This game handles alt+tab like a champ, and I appreciate that.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

FFA is the only way to play quake imo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's extremely lame that you can't just buy what you want

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

this game is so fun

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

got super lucky with crates today and finished out my arena doomguy set... plus the OG rocket launcher :cool:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the reddit for this game is depressing, just a bunch of people who are mad because bad

it's like that for every game reddit, though

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Social Animal posted:

I think syncerror has mentioned they will be having a centered and right handed options for all guns at some point.

The reddit is depressing because shooting bots in dm sucks. I think it’s mostly complaints about the playlist thing.

Anyone going to quakecon?

I get full games every time with a queue of 5 minutes, max. Usually more like 2-3. Australians should know by now that low pop games like this aren't gonna work for them.

I've been thinking about going to quakecon, I live in Dallas and I've never been. Do people bring their computers and poo poo still?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So uh, how often does the store update? I want to buy the Q2 railgun, but they will not take my money.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got the q3 plasma and q1 rocket in free crates :smug:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I wonder if I have to bring a computer to get a quake con item or if I can just show up.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

a few more years of bumbling around maps, stoned out of my gourd, hoping to see the weapon I want in front of me, and I will be on top of that poo poo

for now I just look at the little timer on top and stick around when it's full

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah that's what I did, mostly because id is cool. Kinda nice just blowing in game currency on cosmetic poo poo instead of saving it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what is this, reddit?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

why don't you guys just play FFA?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think it's more of a clusterfuck with teams. You can have three people all using their abilities on you sometimes. Overwatch has that problem, too.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Wow, I didn't know Chris Vrenna did the soundtrack, that owns

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

blizzard? the gently caress are you talking about?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Doom 2016 is the only game I can run maxed at 144hz and it's ...almost too good. sensory overload

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Heh I got both of those free bitch

where's the boomstick sale? :(

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the boomstick from DOOM. honestly the Diablo isn't different enough from the regular shotgun imo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man, gently caress twitch

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

so what's up with the players with different color names in chat? are those devs?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Oh, I kinda figured the keynote would be in the evening.... I work for a living

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Housh posted:

2560x1440 @ 60Hz average around 115fps....that's probably my problem :(

you can try nvidia fastsync if you're always over 60fps. you can enable it in the geforce control panel. it's supposed to be faster than vsync

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Sweet got the Q2 railgun

:mad:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I didn't realize the champion pack unlocked future champions as well, that's baller as hell

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Housh posted:

Can someone explain how the match record system works? I could've sworn I saved a clip before and now don't know how to do it again or where to watch it.

Also, man that menu system i love the idea and aesthetic but i get so confused.

Nvidia highlights saves to your videos folder by default, it creates a sub folder with the name of each game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Housh posted:

But I'm supposed to activate the recording with that, right? I don't think it was an overlay thing. I thought it was in the Quake Champions after match menu as Save Replay. Hope I didn't hallucinate that up.

some games have hightlights built in through collaboration with nvidia. I thought I remembered seeing a patch note about this being the case in QC, but I could be wrong.