Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Abilities are goofy but mostly don't draw away from the Quake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ahhpple posted:

Oh yeah the new duel mode kinda sucks. In the classic duel modes it's not a big deal to be down 3 frags because there's usually time to make a comeback. If you're down 3 frags in quake champions you've lost a round. I guess they changed things because it's easier for new players to go 0-6 in 3 minutes than 0-30 in 10 minutes but all the experienced players I know think it's lame. There used to be a variant on duel mode called Hooneymode which was just like a regular duel except when someone got a frag all the items and players respawned (you switched spawns every frag). I always thought that mode was good for new players because they get a clean slate every frag and will eventually get some items. Meanwhile experienced players are okay with it because it still allows for comebacks.

oh yeah i forgot to say that if there's no classic duel mode then the game is actually unredeemable trash

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

Skins don't have gameplay changes though

You must think 99% of videogames are unredeemable trash, and you must also be great at parties :rolleyes:

Personally I think having a new graphics quake live would be fine, but I think this game can be that and have characters too and its not worth throwing a fit over :shrug: The characters don't make that big of a difference, play the beta, its not worth crying over. Its fun. Its way better than COD or Overwatch or anything like that, it feels really fast and good, and there's different modes.

duel is the only way I enjoy playing arena shooters and neo-duel is loving trash.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

My ping is constantly 25 and the netcode and detection in the game work perfectly, with the exception of the rocket delay which sucks. (But is a known issue)

Fix your lovely computer and stop bitching its the game's fault. I bet you don't know the first goddamned thing about netcode. (Generally a rule, if somebody mentions netcode they're clueless)

Did quake champions save your mothers life or something?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Love Stole the Day posted:

When they try to make balance changes, I really hope that the developers take the Icefrog/Dota route and just make everything else more crazy OP instead of nerfing poo poo all the time like in most other games.

Also I'm becoming more and more a fan of Galena's totem thing. It's like dropping permanent +50 orbs for your team every 30 seconds or whatever. The other people doesn't know they can destroy them so the map gets littered with totems and we're getting free heals every few seconds.

I hope that there's never anything more powerful than ranger orb in the game because I don't want anything to detract from the power up control and movement at the heart of quake.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Neo duel loving sucks and killed any hype I had for this game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
still no classic duel zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BattleHamster posted:

DreamHack Denver is this weekend. good thing they fixed a bunch of stuff since the last patch...

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpicyManlySmoothieSaltBae

This game is a mess

"uh the lg was this strong in past games " :goonsay:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
New patch gives me massive frame drops every time someone ults

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://bethesda.net/community/topic/113893/weapon-fire-rates-are-linked-to-frame-rates-clip-included

real glad i never payed for this garbage fire

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

amitlu posted:

How the hell is CTF not in yet? God the amount of effort wasted on Sacrifice instead of just giving us CTF..

Or freeze tag, or instagib, or any other dozen modes that appeal to casual players and would actually keep the game alive.

I jumped into do4m mp for what was meant to be 5 minutes to see if they ever changed anything and ended up in there for a few hours because it has a ton of modes it cycles through that I missed dearly.

edit:the reason i actually came into the thread https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyi-GsqzBcA&t=704s

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Essobie posted:

You realize that when you introduce other places for people to play within a game, they stop playing in the places that already exist? One might argue adding all these game modes is just going to make the current population worse.

Of course, I'm part of the problem. I haven't played this in months, and I don't miss it. :(

This is the age of everything being in big dumbfuck playlists, we can force everyone to play freeze tag.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
really stoked for the double whammy of doomguy salt this month when berserk isn't busted as gently caress and and a functioning lg let's anyone laugh at their attempts to double jump all the time forever

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ChickenHeart posted:

I am literally waiting until classic mode is released since all of my steam buddies refuse to touch the game until the class abilities/stats are removed.

all of my friends doing this play overwatch instead, which is baffling

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
shootmania loving blew chunks

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
can't wait to add diabotical to the pile of games with 5 concurrent players while i try to find a QL game that isn't 32 man ffa or clan arena

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The spawn system in this game is so loving bizarre. Every one in a while it just decides that I'm going to get the same 2 spawns on the same side of the map no matter what, and spawning near the RL or LG basically means you just die over and over to the people fighting over those guns 2 seconds out of spawn

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Kins posted:

Actually, videogames are good.

lets not say things we can't take back

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jose Mengelez posted:

so how do you get lore now?

and when does the christmas stuff stop dropping?

randomly at the end of a match

literally the only way they could have made it worse lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

amitlu posted:

Oh yeah duel is always gonna be the realm of the most hardcore. I don't think their round based and pick system has worked at opening it up to new players, it's still too intimidating to go 1v1 vs seasoned quake players. I wonder if they'll just revert to classic duel to satisfy the people who play it.

Their format is so dumb new players can't even touch it without dropping money or getting some extreme lootbox luck

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you grind you can play it for 24 hours at a time though!!!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

Man the solo ranked mode where you have to pick 3 champions is bad and dumb. Only thing about this I don't like.

Guess I'll stick to FFA unranked and ranked 2v2 then

nobody likes the duel format fwiw

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

boar guy posted:

i can't fathom why anyone would play nyx over slash. the walljump?

Her ult shouldn't exist and 100% shouldn't have every been in duel

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i could have played an entire FT5 in guilty gear in the time i've been in queue, glad I bothered reinstalling this apparently-not-dead-but-indistinguishable-from-dead game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
queued into a mode i don't want to play because I can't just choose FFA, and then remembered I'd have to wait another 5-20 minutes just to roll the dice again, thanks raven

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

That sucks. Double check you have all the relevant data centers checked off and you're not being limited to like only the west coast or something.

I'm queued up for everything i have less than 100 ping to. Gave up 10 minutes of waiting into a second match, real cool 1:1 gameplay to waiting ratio

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

hawowanlawow posted:

why don't you guys just play FFA?

My queue times are worse in ffa

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

How do I stop from going into games in trying to change my settings and it just keeps putting me in games

wtf i want nonstop games

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Bo1 grand finals lol

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

fadam posted:

tbf it's not like the genre was doing really well before Twitch took off either lol

A game where it's really easy to get owned and there's no teammates to blame/get carried by is a tough sell now.

Doesn't stop fighting games

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cougar cub posted:

You should never be using the gauntlet

Get a load of this post

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
phasewalk is the most spiteful thing ever put into an arena shooter, why the gently caress is it instant, why is its only purpose outside of duel to generate blue balls, why does it have to slow duels down to a crawl? it single handedly makes every match its in worse. Does it exist to counteract all the stupid press f to get kills stuff? How many leaders at Saber saw these loving piece of poo poo skills and thought "yes, this is a thing you should definitely be able to do at least once a minute in a skill based, fast paced arena shooter." Is it the same people who give characters passives whose only purpose is the counter themselves? How did they ever get promoted above code slave? How can the low level staff tolerate working under people this clearly incompetent? Why are all the good arena shooters dead? The world sucks. I'm gonna key sponges car

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Quake Champions Thread: I just do my dailies now and then play TF2

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The game of prediction doesn't exist in DM, instead you get to watch her pop up on the kill feed seconds later, killed by whoever sneezed on her right after coming out of ult

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah like the duel mode where I get to fight BJ, clutch and ranger every game, you come out of every kill potentially at a huge disadvantage because your opponent spawns with one of the many braindead high damage ults on stock, have the lovely spawn system amplified by the hot mess of a duel format, the inconsistent performance now matters (I just played a duel where my game hitched every time Doom double jumped!) and have to play the hot mess of a duel format

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing I'm expecting this game to be is a Quake game and it barely even delivers on that

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
THE ENEMY TEAM HAS THE PENTAGRAM OF PROTECTION
YOUR TEAM HAS THE PENTAGRAM OF PROTECTION
THE ENEMY TEAM HAS THE PENTAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Audax posted:

You would think if someone doesn't enjoy something they would just walk away. Like if you bitch and complain about something so much just move on.

Point me in the direction of another arena fps with players and I'll gladly go play that

Pomp fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 28, 2018

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
QL is great if I want to play freeze tag or 32 man DM on time maps, nothing else with a playable ping is ever populated anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when a guy lost Evo because his Razer fightstick died?