Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Lightning gun change looks promising, I’d like to see it in action. BJ got hurt. Anarki going to be strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

Sigh...

Look, the whole point of making a hero shooter is making the heroes really different, to increase the variety of the game! Homogenizing them in this way is always a bad choice. Why all abilities have a 45s cd, that only would work if all the abilities are the same, but you don't want to have all the abilities to be the same, it's ok if some of them are powerful but you can't use them very often, or have abilities not as good but with a quick recharge that defines the champion.

Heroes with different abilities was a mistake but the market doesn't want a straight up arena shooter right now. Homogenize them all the way down to getting rid of weight classes and abilities, I say.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I hope they bring back the alien who squeals like a piggy.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
There's a game called PWND that is basically a modern day rocket arena and it makes me sad it never got more than like 30 players concurrent. Its sense of humor can be a bit much, but it's a really solid shooter.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

This but make quad damage x4 again.

This must be why Quake Champions instead calls it "quud".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

amitlu posted:

Just give us servers for every different mode that run continuously 24/7 and a browser to find them.

But how will I have fun if my winrate isn’t exactly 50%?!