Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
This talk of wannabe holy figure mech pilots working out of an Orphanage makes me wish Billy Lee Black was in an SRW game. The "Jessie Cannon" would fit right into an SRW game as well :allears:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alacron posted:

At first I was like, "That would never fit." But then I remembered how Gunbuster, Diebuster, Gurren Lagann, and Evangelion have all appeared in the same SRW so I guess anything's on the table :v:

Yeah, Priest gunslinger firing their own cowboy dad out of a smaller robot that turns into a cannon as ammunition is pretty tame by comparison to the usual in SWR.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SyntheticPolygon posted:

tbf Durandal was being pretty evil before that realisation.

Oh, definitely. His asshattery just comes off looking better by comparison because he's incredibly fabulous while being compared to Gerbil and the Frost brothers :v: Right when you're getting worked up to scream at Durandal for being a dick, you get distracted by his most powerful PR tactic. Hiding behind bigger assholes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I loving love the Cosmo Diver :3: Lou is right to be upset it doesn't get more screentime.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alacron posted:

That whole bit about :sparkles:IMAGINATION:sparkles: was so dumb, it almost loops around to being awesome.

Almost.

Clearly his true goal is to find someone with the imagination to come up with names less terrible than "Highly Probably World" :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The biggest disappointment in the bazillion stupid tests, was that it lacked the contractually obligated payoff of "Only LOTUS would have cared enough to put up with my bullshit, even when I'm assumed dead."

As for our newest member, I laughed at the gleaming smile. Maybe I'll warm up to Domyoji, given I like the combo of SMGs and a Broadsword in a genre full of laser katanas and oversized rifles for Military Robots-

Oh wait, Jack is joining. Domywhonow?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Robo Tiger is cool :3:

But that said, one of these days I would love for everybody to just blow off the 'He's testing you' guy after they win. Because why would a hero trust your punk rear end demi-god or whatever self too busy play fighting to save innocent lives?

But I guess, even that looks good compared to "We're going to kill you because we would totally be a better protagonist" :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Oblique Angle posted:

Oh. Well yeah, jesus christ Yumi what's taking so long? :v:

Things take time when you are managing to be like, the ONE super scientist nobody attacks anymore. "Oh sure, have the strongest Mazinger in the game Koji. Which nobody interrupted me repairing for you, again."

That's the real genius of Yumi most of the time.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 17, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Alacron posted:

There's a lot of stuff I want to comment on in this update, hopefully I remember it all

-Grace being G all along means that I'm probably not going to ever have a good opportunity to do a "Suffer like G did?" joke.

-I can't decide if Fiber and Insect getting introduced and killed in one stage without even getting a chance to fight is infuriating or hilarious. I'm leaning towards hilarious. Jeez they got killed faster than Auel did.

-Iczer-3's hairstyle :stonk:

-Brera is this awful mix of annoying and uninteresting, which is awful here because being MYSTERIOUS is literally the only thing he has going for him. Is he this bad in the anime?

-I have mixed feelings about the Super Packs. Statistically they're a nice boost, but design wise is it literally just strapping some giant missiles to the planes? Not sure if that's worthy of being Super.

I know it's hardly unique to SEED, but it really does feel like a lot of SEED designs are "We really just want to build cool space ships and mobile weapons. But we're contractually required to make it a Gundam."

So they build the thing they actually wanted, and just kind of cram a gundam into it.

Like, the Psycho Gundam was a huge loving Gundam. The MK2 switches between wacky floating fortress and giant gundam.

Meanwhile, The Destroy is a Walker Mech that turns into a gundam with a backpack bigger than it is.

Don't get me wrong. I love the idea of utility packs for your robots. But SEED seems to go loving crazy with that and ends up with a show about a bunch of Backpacks that wear comparatively tiny robots.

Meanwhile… Gold, pal, I don't think you know how accepting an apology works.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm going to imagine that the Mimetic beast's brilliant plan for infecting Destroys is to disguise themselves as a backpack, and just wait for them to be put on.

It wasn't even a very good disguise, just a blob of flesh and eyeballs with backpack straps. "gently caress it, let's put this on a mobile suit"

RIP Cosmo Boy. The real loss of this monster war.

Alacron posted:

So Ken and Lou lived their lives for revenge, attacked their allies for no reason, got everything they wanted and suffered no (meaningful) consequences.

This game teaches good life lessons. :v:
Such is the way of unlocking extra pilots in SRW.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wait this was Godannar's finale? That was kinda underwhelming. Especially since the other route is doing the Jeeg finale and that's been much cooler.

For what it's worth, part of the problem is the final episode has a years later timeskip involving stuff that the game had to, well, skip.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Let's see. Kenji and Tsubaki are the only ones stated to have escaped the hell dimension.

Sucks to be Baruba. Is there a special hell for people who "test" their allies by attacking them? :v: (I kid, he's a good robot kitty)

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Jeeg seems like a good show.

:yeah:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can't dislike Iczer-3 because she's killing giant robots with flying elbows. Does she hang out with Andy Bogard?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

maninthesuit posted:

I'm more in awe at the cross-compatibility of Macross-tech. Sure, just strap on those booster-packs and grab that rifle and you're good to go. Is this a standard design feature? In case you're out of planes, our super-packs are also usable by giants.

How would the controls work without the cockpit's interface? The gun just needs a physical trigger, but the backpack is going to need a special hookup as humans, even giant ones, don't come with plugs and sockets in their backs last time I checked.
In a sense, Klan grabbing Valkyrie equipment instead of a grunt version of her usual ride comes across as just as random as Michel's 'By the way, not dead.' At least it served as a decent reminder that Zentradi are as big as a giant robot.

Fair is fair. After all, Max had his Valkyrie put on Zentradi uniforms and hats as a goddamned disguise in the original series :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

maninthesuit posted:

Note to self, put the original Macross on the watch-list. That sounds hilarious.

If more "Absurdly good pilot" characters followed Maximilian Jenius example, we'd have half the melodrama and twice the 'He just did loving what?' :v:

His goddamned name is "Max Genius", and he gets away with it.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I find it amusing that Wufei and Trowa have the same goddamned gimmick. But Trowa gets a pass (even in universe) because he's treating it like a punchclock obligation until he inevitably rejoins the team, while Wufei goes full :byodood: with it.

I'm sure Reiji will get a pass because despite all the much worse poo poo he's pulled for operation "I was just testing you all along :pseudo:", never underestimate the difference how annoying you are in the process makes :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

HitTheTargets posted:

It means "The Bart The" in German.

Well no one who speaks German could be evil! :haw:

Well Trowa does like to dress up as a clown from time to time so it all fits.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Kill all Humans! Kiiiiiiiiiill all Humans! Kill all HumaaaaaaaaAAAAANS!" :byodood:

"Ramming speed!" :black101:

"Wait, no, that will kill you. Who would want that? :ohdear:"

Hell of a time to suddenly develop concern for human life.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 18, 2017

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Gee, if only Lou had access to some kind of space based robot to get over how terrible in space their sword robot is. A Cosmo Diver, if you will.

Oh wait she threw it away :argh:

Also I couldn't stop laughing at how much Ranka's dress is freaking the gently caress out.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Brunom1 posted:

I don't think it's quite that simple. He has an energy crisis gripping an entire planet to solve, so not only will he need countries on our side to actually be willing to SELL, and not consume, that extraordinary amount of energy (on regularly basis, too) the amount of cash they'd have to pay would be equally extraordinary.

As much money as GreAT may have, I seriously doubt it'd be enough to foot the bill for all it'd take to cover a planet's energy deficiency for a decent amount of time (and that's not even taking into account the cost of actually getting said energy over to the other side).

Hell, depending on how the the Highly Probable World's doing financially, not even they could handle that sort of deal as a long-term thing.
"I have stolen a dozen fantastical super robot power sources! I can perfectly reproduce them!... Now to hold the world hostage until they wire electrical cables to my home dimension!"

Alas. bullshit asspull production capacity is always limited to robot armies.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Thanks for showing off another game about robots punching people in the face :allears:

I actually liked the Rushbird, though given how a lot of Originals seem to go I can see why people were underwhelmed by it showing the most restraint of all time for any bullshit transdimensional power source machine.

...Also, it must have been some REAL GOOD Insurance coverage for acts of SRW plots to be covered by it, holy poo poo prof.

• Locked thread